Fall and Spring Semesters
Freshmen may take a maximum of 17 credits per semester. Sophomores, juniors, and seniors may take a maximum of 18 credits per semester.
Summer term maximum credits are:
- Summer Session I allows a maximum of 4 credits
- Summer Session II allows 7 credits
- Summer Session III also allows 7 credits
Students who wish to exceed the maximum number of credits during any given semester must submit a credit overload form. If your cumulative UNLV GPA is a 3.0 or higher, you will be automatically approved. If your GPA is below a 3.0, you will need to submit a petition to request permission to overload. Overload requests and petitions should be submitted directly to the Education Student Services Center.
- Undergraduate Credit Overload Request (If GPA is above 3.0)
- Undergraduate Petition Form (If GPA is below 3.0)
- Graduate College Overload Authorization Form