This minor provides an in-depth review of alcohol/drug prevention strategies, successful prevention programs, prevention addressing the individual, family, peers, school, and community, and the relationship between developmental theories and successful prevention program strategies.
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
Upon complete of this program, graduates will be able to:
- Assess specific approaches, services, and treatments provided at the various levels of care within the total scope of human and counseling services;
- Identify federal government mental health, community and prevention agencies and the services these agencies provide;
- Examine the current state of Nevada mental health, community and prevention efforts and programs offered;
- Describe the principles of effective mental health, community services and addiction/substance abuse prevention;
- Analyze relationships between risk factors and problem behaviors of the target populations related to mental health, community and addictions issues.
- Addictions counselor