Minor in Addictions Treatment
This minor addresses the treatment of addictions. Basic individual and group counseling techniques are introduced including cognitive, behavioral, and affective strategies. Treatment guidelines are discussed for working with special populations
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
Upon completion of this program, the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the history of psychoactive drugs;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the effects of substances on the nervous system;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the categories of drugs and their various effects on behavior;
- Demonstrate knowledge of concepts and models of prevention;
- Demonstrate knowledge of treatment modalities;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the interconnection between mental/emotional health and drug use.
- Addictions counselor
If there are no Plans of Study listed under this program, they may be listed under one of its sub-plans.