Plan specific questions should be directed to the respective Member Services departments:
Medical Resident Information
Each of the insurance providers for medical residents has a Member Services office that can answer specific and general questions about benefits, including the status of enrollment or physical cards. Please contact:
- For medical PPO (Sierra Health): 1-800-888-2264
- For medical HMO (Health Plan of Nevada): 1-800-777-1840
- For dental insurance (Guardian Dental): 1-800-541-7846
- For vision insurance (Eye med): 1-866-723-0514
- The Benefits Resource Center can answer specific and general questions about residents' medical/dental/vision plans, as well as voluntary products: 1-888-336-7463
Making Changes to your Selected Benefit Plans
For all employees, changes to selected benefit plans (such as switching to HMO/PPO option, adding or removing a plan, adding or removing a dependent) can only be done during open enrollment which happens in May every year.
To view the list of qualifying events that allow employees to add or remove a dependent, please visit the main UNLV Human Resources website.
Medical residents can add or remove dependents in Workday via the Benefits worklet within 30 days of the qualifying event. All other employees can add or remove dependents by logging into the e-PEBP Portal within 60 days of the qualifying event.
* For information regarding paycheck deductions due to selected benefit plans, please visit the Workday website.