Under the program, if you enroll in undergraduate or graduate courses at any of the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) schools, the university will pay a portion of your tuition for state supported, summer session, and community college courses.
- Classified employees of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas employed at a minimum of 50% FTE;
- Approved courses must be for credit;
- All mandatory fees and student health fee are waived for Classified employees.
Items not eligible for Grant-In-Aid:
- Non-credit courses, workshops, seminars, and conferences are excluded from the program;
- Courses that are not supported by state funds. This included remedial courses (ie. Math 95, Eng 95, etc) at UNLV and NSC. Remedial courses taken at CSN are considered state supported and are paid by the GIA benefit.
Grant in Aid benefits provided will be reversed in the following instances:
- If you receive a grade lower than a C for undergraduate courses;
- If you receive a grade lower than a B for graduate courses;
- If you drop a course;
- If you audit a course;
- If you receive an incomplete;
- If you terminate employment before the end of the semester.
The provisions for GIA for Classified employees can be found in NRS 284.343, and NAC 284.482 through NAC 284.522.