Under the program, if you enroll in undergraduate or graduate courses at UNLV, CSN, or NSC, the university will pay a portion of your tuition for state supported, summer session, and community college courses.
Items not eligible for Grant-In-Aid:
- Non-credit courses, workshops, seminars, and conferences are excluded from the program.
- Courses that are not supported by state funds. This included remedial courses (ie. Math 95, Eng 95, etc) at UNLV and NSC. Remedial courses taken at CSN are considered state supported and are paid by the GIA benefit.
Grant in Aid benefits provided will be reversed in the following instances:
- If you receive a grade lower than a C for undergraduate courses.
- If you receive a grade lower than a B for graduate courses.
- If you drop a course
- If you audit a course
- If you receive an incomplete.
- If you terminate employment before the end of the semester
If the GIA benefit is removed due to the above, you will be responsible for paying the amount on your student account.
The provisions for GIA fee waivers for classified employees can be found in the Nevada Revised Statute (NRS) 284.343 and the Nevada Administrative Code (NAC) 284.490.