Other Important Information
To learn more about our housing and residential life, please visit UNLV's Housing website.
UNLV Rebel Cards
During Orientation, arrangements have been made to provide limited times, at the Shadow Lane Campus, for medical students to have their photo taken and their UNLV Rebel (student ID) cards made. Watch for more information in the orientation schedule about these times. This card is free, but there may be a charge for a replacement card.
Shadow Lane Campus requires student parking permits. Students can purchase these:
- Online: You can order these online and receive them at your home address.
- In Person at Parking & Transportation Services: You can use a check or cash when paying in person. You will receive a temporary permit for your car. The actual permit will be mailed to you. This services is available at the UNLV Police Substation on the Shadow Lane Campus.
Parents & Partners Event
The UNLV School of Medicine will host incoming student’s family & friends at the Shadow Lane Campus on Friday, August 23, 2019. More information will be available as it is finalized. Ask your family to mark their calendar. Programming is expected to begin at 8:30 and conclude by noon.
White Coat Ceremony
UNLV School of Medicine welcomes its Incoming Medical Students to the profession of medicine. The ceremony is commemorated with students taking their oath and receiving their first white coat and stethoscope. Incoming students in the Class of 2023 ceremony is Friday, August 23, 2019.
Health Sciences Library
Students will use their UNLV ACE account to access all library resources from on or off campus. Students also need a Rebel card to check out resources from the library; to set up a ILLiad interlibrary loan account and to use the Information Commons on the Shadow Lane Campus, as well as the main campus Lied Library.
Technical Standards and Accommodations
Each of you read and certified that you can meet the Technical Standards of the UNLV School of Medicine. Students who may require accommodations should contact the Disability Resources Center at the UNLV main campus. Students can contact Bryan Hilbert, Director, email@example.com.
The University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) is committed to providing equal access to its programs and services for students who experience disabilities. The Disability Resource Center (DRC) was established to support these goals and to provide assistance with college learning through provision of recommended academic adjustments, auxiliary services, and advocacy.
The DRC goal is to provide students with effective accommodations as required by Federal regulations, and in consideration of the essential elements of the MD program. Accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. Students requesting accommodations through the DRC must:
- Complete and submit the DRC Online Application Form. This will initiate the process and begin the communication with DRC staff.
- Provide the DRC with medical, psychological, or psychoeducational documentation that supports your request. You may fax, mail, e-mail, or hand deliver the documentation to the DRC office on the main University Campus in SSC-A 143.
- DRC Staff will contact you to gather additional information and schedule an intake.
- Request your accommodations for EVERY phase of your program.
Students with disabilities attending UNLV School of Medicine do not need to register with DRC unless they are interested in obtaining accommodations or services from the DRC. Students are responsible for requesting accommodations. The UNLV Disability Resource Center (DRC) coordinates the review and accommodation process for medical students. Students who have received accommodations in the past are encouraged to contact the UNLV Disability Resources Center as early as possible prior to the start of medical school. Complete information can be found in the UNLV School of Medicine Student Handbook, Section 5.
If you have any questions please contact the DRC at (702) 895-0866 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
iPad Distribution and Orientation
Students will receive IPADS and information during Orientation.