Student listening to music while studying


Undergraduate Admissions

You are just a few steps away from pursuing your degree at one of the world’s top hospitality management schools. Before you can be admitted to the Harrah College of Hospitality, however, you must first apply and be admitted by the university. When filling out the undergraduate application, be sure to identify your major as Hospitality Management.

Apply Now

Select your student status below, and get started on your future today.

Request Information

If you have questions regarding our degree program, we want to hear from you. Please provide your name and email address below or email your question directly to

International Student Admissions

English language requirements for admittance into the William F. Harrah College of Hospitality are different from those for the university at large. Please see minimum requirements below.

  • F-1 students whose native language is not English must provide official proof of English proficiency to the Office of Admissions.
  • Transfer equivalent courses to UNLV’s ENG 101/113 are not accepted as proof of English proficiency.
  • Test scores cannot be more than two (2) years old at the time of admissions.
  • Students must meet the minimum scores required in the identified areas for admissions within the same test.
  • Policy applies to students seeking admissions through the change of major process.
  • F1 undergraduate students who successfully complete the highest level of the ESL Bridge Program with a 3.0 GPA may declare Hospitality major without submitting the TOEFL, IELTS, or Michigan language proficiency test scores. For more information, please visit the ESL Bridge Program page.
Test Types
iBt 80 Overall, 20 Writing
Paper-Delivered Testing 19 Reading, 20 Listening, & 24 Writing
IELTS 6.5 Overall, 6 Writing
Michigan Test of English Proficiency (MTELP)
Paper-Based 81 Overall, 40 Writing
Computer-Based Level 3-134 Overall
PTE 53 Overall, 53 Writing
Old SAT 510 (CREAD)
New SAT 490 (READ & WRI)

*Michigan Test of English Language Placement (MTELP) is available through the UNLV English Language Center.

Applicants from the following nations are exempt from the English proficiency requirement: Antigua, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Barbuda, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Canada (except Quebec), Dominica, Fiji, Irish Republic, Jamaica, New Zealand, St. Kitt & Nevis, St. Vincent & Grenadines, Singapore, Trinidad & Tobago, United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, North Ireland), US Virgin Islands.


Professional Golf Management Program Admissions

Information on admissions to this program can be found on the Golf Management Program website.

Changing Majors

If you are already admitted to UNLV and are studying in a major outside the Harrah College of Hospitality, you may request admission to the college through the change of major process. You will need to meet with an academic advisor in the Office for Student Advising to review the program requirements and any ramifications to the change in your educational career. To schedule an advising appointment please call (702) 895-3616.

Graduate Admissions

You must first apply for admission to the UNLV Graduate College by completing an online application on the Graduate College webpage. Admission requirements are different for each of the post-graduate degrees offered through the Harrah Hotel College Graduate Studies Office. If you have questions regarding our graduate degree programs, please contact