While each graduate program has unique admissions standards, the Graduate College maintains minimum standards for graduate admission. All advanced degree and certificate program applicants must meet these eligibility requirements to be considered for admission. Immigration status does not impact admission to UNLV.
- Bachelor’s Degree – You must hold a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution, or an approved international equivalent.
- Grade Point Average – You must have a minimum overall grade point average of 2.75 (4.00=A) for your bachelor’s degree, or a minimum 3.00 (4.00=A) for the last two years (60 semester hours).
- Additional Requirements – Factors that may also be considered by the academic department to which you are applying include test scores (like the GRE or GMAT), the type of course work completed during undergraduate studies, letters of recommendation, writing samples or portfolios, and any other supporting documents your department/program may ask you to submit to complete your application.
- International Applicants: Proof of English Proficiency – The application process for international students is the same as for domestic students, with the exception of submitting proof of English Proficiency.
- Transcripts – All applicants are required to submit a transcript from each postsecondary institution attended, showing all degrees and coursework, the dates awarded, and grades received. If the institution is outside the U.S., a foreign credential evaluation may be required. Please review our foreign credential evaluations page for additional guidelines, information, and requirements.
Credentials not in English must be accompanied by an English translation certified as true by a university official, an official representative of a United States embassy or consulate, the United States Information Service, the United States Education Foundation, or an approved professional translating service. Notarized copies of originals or translations are not considered official.
Credentials from China: Students who have completed a degree in China must provide copies of the original language transcripts and a copy of their Degree Certificate and Graduation Certificate. Documents verified by the China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center (CHESICC) or the China Academic Degree and Graduate information Center (CDGDC) are also accepted.
Credentials from India: Consolidated marks sheets are acceptable if yearly mark sheets are not available. Mark sheets must also be issued by the degree-granting institution. Mark sheets from affiliated colleges, are not acceptable or considered official. Students who have completed a degree in India must also provide a copy of their Provisional Certificate.
Please note that the aforementioned requirements are the minimum requirements established and monitored by the Graduate College. Meeting the minimum admissions requirements is a necessary but not sufficient condition of admission. Admission decisions are based on applicants meeting the minimum Graduate College requirements and a more extensive and holistic departmental review, which considers a combination of factors, including indicators of success based upon academic degrees and records, the statement of purpose, letters of recommendation, test scores, relevant work experience, and the like.