Apply to UNLV

Admission Requirements


3.0 cumulative GPA OR 1120* SAT (evidenced-based reading & writing and math) OR 22 ACT (composite score). *1040 for exams taken prior to March 2016.


2.5 GPA in 24 or more transferable college-level credits. Transfer students with fewer than 24 transferable college-level credits must meet the first-year student admission requirements.

Admission Deadlines

What When
Fall first-year application June 1
Fall transfer application July 1
Spring application Dec. 1
I-20 processing
(for initial F-1 visa applicants only)
6 weeks prior to start of the semester

Application Fees

You will be required to pay the application fee by credit or debit card. Application fees are nonrefundable.

Who Cost
International students $95

After You've Applied

Step 1: Required Documents for Admission


Please see the Materials Submission section at the bottom of the page for acceptable methods of sending transcripts and other application-related documents.

  • High School Transcript – 

    • Submit your high school transcript (includes all high school coursework and grades).

    • A certified translation is required for any transcript not written in English.

  • College/University Transcript(s)-
    • Submit your official transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities where college-level credits were earned (either while in high school or after graduating high school).
    • A certified evaluation (course-by-course with GPA calculation) by a NACES member organization is required for all non-US college-level coursework.
Submit Proof of English Proficiency

For general admission to UNLV, international students must provide proof of English proficiency through one of the following ways. Please note that test scores must be less than two years old at the time of application.

English Proficiency Proof
English Proficiency Test UNLV - All Colleges
TOEFL Paper-Based Test (Accepted through April 2023) A minimum score of 500.
TOEFL IBT Test Overall score of 61.
MTELP Computer-Based Test Level 3.
Overall score of 100.
MTELP Paper-Based Test Overall score of 76.
IELTS Academic Overall band of 6.0.
No band below 5.5.
PTE Academic Overall Overall score of 44.
SAT Minimum of 480 on reading/writing.
*Minimum of 500 on critical reading for exam taken prior to March 2016.
ACT Minimum of 18 on English.
Duolingo A minimum score of 95.

The proof of English proficiency requirement can also be satisfied through completion of ENG 113 (Composition I for International Students) at UNLV, which is strongly recommended, or any course articulated as equivalent to ENG 101 (Composition I) with a grade of C or better, taken at any accredited institution.

Applicants who are from the following nations are exempt from the proof of English proficiency requirement:

Antigua, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Barbuda, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Canada (except Quebec), Dominica, Fiji, Irish Republic, Jamaica, New Zealand, St. Kitt & Nevis, St. Vincent & Grenadines, Singapore, Trinidad & Tobago, United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, North Ireland), U.S. Virgin Islands.

UNLV English Bridge Program

For Students Admitted to UNLV Academic Degree Programs

Through the UNLV English Bridge Program, admitted students can begin their university experience in a special academically-oriented program designed to enhance their English language skills. Our expert team of instructors will help students build confidence in spoken and written English, so they can seamlessly continue with academic coursework to earn their UNLV degree.

2022-2023 Confidential Financial Certificate ESL Bridge Program

UNLV Intensive English Program

English Language Study for All

The UNLV Intensive English Program offers non-credit-bearing English content available to international, domestic, and transfer students who are interested in learning English or improving their written or spoken English language skills.

This UNLV Intensive English Program provides customizable, dynamic, student-centered content for high school and university-level students. For example, overseas high schools looking to send a group of students to the U.S. for English language study, as well as university students requiring a semester of English language preparation, can be accommodated through this program.

2022-2023 Confidential Financial Certificate Intensive English Program

Please reach out to or call 702-774-8658 if you would like to discuss admission options.

Step 2: Supplemental Documents after Application Submission

ACT/SAT Test Scores

ACT/SAT test scores are not required for international students. However, if you are applying as a first-year student and have taken either test, it is recommended that you submit your official test scores.

Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid

Non-FAFSA eligible students can complete the Alternate Need Form to apply for both institutional need-based grants and scholarships.

How to Apply

Please submit your Alternate Need Form to the Self-Service Help Center by logging in with your ACE account.

When to Apply

Full and equal consideration for financial aid and scholarships is based upon being admitted to UNLV and completing the Alternate Need Form by the November 15 priority deadline. You can apply as early as October 1 for the following academic year.

Step 4: Check your Application Status in MyUNLV

After submitting your application, you will receive two emails, one with your user ID and another with your temporary password. Check your account regularly.

Step 5: Accept Admission

Accept your admission in MyUNLV and complete any checklist items on your to-do list.

Step 6: Submit I-20 Documents

Once admitted, you will receive an invite from International Admissions to log into the OISS Student Portal where you can upload to the required I-20 documents. Please note that failure to submit required documents will result in delays issuing your I-20.

All admitted international students are required to upload the following documents:

  • Confidential Financial Certification (CFC) form
    • Please be sure to fill out all required sections on the CFC form.
  • Bank Letter
    • Bank Letter should not be older than one year from the program start date, and must include: bank logo, date issued, account holder name(s), type of account, and must be stamped by a certified bank official. The bank letter must show the required amount listed on the 2021-2022 CFC form.

If you are currently attending a U.S. high school/college, UNLV will need to receive your SEVIS record. In order to complete the transfer-in process to UNLV, please have the DSO at your current institution fill out the Transfer-In form.

Additional Admissions Steps

  1. Begin the process of securing your visa interview at your nearest embassy (if currently outside of the US) OR begin the process of transferring your SEVIS record from your current institution to UNLV (if already studying on an F-1 in the US).
  2. Activate your student email account, Rebelmail.
  3. Check out our admitted student webpage.
  4. Register and attend New Student Orientation. Registration details will be emailed to your Rebelmail account in March.
  5. Learn about on-campus housing opportunities.

Materials Submission

Hard copies of official transcripts and test scores must be in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution or testing agency and may be mailed to the following address:

UNLV Office of Admissions
4505 S. Maryland Pkwy.
Box 451021
Las Vegas, NV 89154-1021

Institutions sending transcripts through a secure email method may use the following address:

ACT and SAT test scores may be sent electronically from the testing agency using the following codes:

  • ACT: 2496
  • SAT: 4861

Contact Us

Mailing Address
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
4505 S. Maryland Pkwy.
Box 451021
Las Vegas, NV 89154-1021
Campus Location

Student Services Complex – Building B (SSC-B)


702-774-UNLV (8658)


 Office Hours

Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m