Campus Resources

Graduate Student Commons

The GPSA maintains the Graduate Student Commons located on the 2nd floor of the Lied Library Room 2141. It is equipped with a copier, fax, flatbed scanners, a color laser printer, office supplies, 40 desktop computers, 6 Macs, wireless access, 5 large LCD touch screen panels, whiteboards, a plotter printer for creating large posters for conference presentations, a meeting room, a small kitchen and much more. Free New York Times newspapers are available in the Graduate Student Commons as well as on the 1st floor of the William S. Boyd School of Law Building. Also available are 200 e-subscriptions offered daily. More information on how to set up your account is available.

Get Involved

  • The student government for UNLV’s graduate and professional student body. The GPSA holds monthly Council meetings, hosts social events throughout the year, offers funding for conference and research activity and much more.

  • UNLV has over 250 registered student organizations that students can join.

  • Law students get connected; join a law student organization today!

  • Dental students get connected; join a dental student organization today!

  • A member of the National Council for Research on Women (NCRW), this network is a clearing house for research on women and girls.

  • Provides programming, services, and advocacy for creating a supportive and inclusive environment for all genders.

  • The UNLV Office of Veteran Services is located in the Student Services Complex A, Room 311. The staff assist more than 1,000 veterans, dependents, active duty service members, National Guard members and reservists.

  • Join your fellow students for a bit of friendly competition in one of many intramural sports.

Stay Connected

  • "Rebel Announcement Via Email" is a weekly email sent to all enrolled students that provides students important campus information including: deadlines, events, alerts, etc.

  • Black Mountain Institute’s literary publication.

  • Poetry selections published through the English Department’s.

  • Keep abreast of what’s happening across the campus.

  • Important dates to keep you updated.

  • The Performing Arts calendar includes events, dates, times and pricing.

  • Several groups on campus have calendars that you can subscribe to including: Nevada Conservatory Theatre, Performing Arts Center, Alumni, Graduate College, etc.

  • Stay up-to-date with the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) news. Subscribe and receive press releases related to the NSHE system, Board of Regents meeting agendas and much more.

Support Your Community and Planet

  • The garden has 41 plots, each of which has raised 3’ x 8’ bed. Show your green thumb and reap the benefits. Each plot requires an annual $50 payment.

  • This map shows you where to refill reusable water bottles around campus.

  • The "Drive Up Drop Off" recycling program will accept items for recycling. There are also donation boxes available.

  • New to campus, the national car sharing service has vehicles for rent at UNLV. The annual membership fee is $25 (for the 1st year, subsequent years are $35) and starting at $7.50 per hour and $69 a day.

  • The UNLV Cares Food Pantry is open year round to provide groceries for UNLV students and employees who are experiencing economic hardship. Use of the pantry is completely anonymous. More information about distribution dates and how to volunteer can be found through the above link.

Transportation and Parking Services

  • Club Ride - A free program to help Las Vegas commuters find cheaper and easier ways to get to work or school.
  • Motorist Assistance Program – Need a jump start? Got a flat tire? You can call the Motorist Assistance Program at 702-89-1300 Monday-Thursday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. and Friday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. If you need assistance after 5 p.m., contact university police at 702-895-3668.
  • Safe Escort at night - Studying late or have a night class? Call the Department of Police Services at 702-895-3668, ext. 2 and a student security officer will escort you safely to your vehicle.
  • Bike and pedestrian transportation is an option for students residing on or near campus. UNLV offers bike racks and walkways throughout campus, as well as safety precautions for pedestrians including emergency phones and escort services.
  • Public transportation - Buy your transit pass at UNLV and get a discount: a 30 day monthly pass is $32.50 (a $65 value) and a semester pass is $104. You must show a valid student ID card. UNLV transit passes can be purchased at the UNLV Student Union, UNLV Bookstore, or Parking and Transportation Services.
  • A new transit center is located on the southwest corner of the campus which includes bus service directly to campus among other amenities.
  • Parking at UNLV:
    • Lot S, located on the NW side of campus off of Harmon Ave, does not require a parking permit. This lot fills up quickly, thus you will need to arrive early to secure a spot.
    • Be on the lookout for messages sent out on RAVE by the Parking & Transportation Department. These messages provide advance notice to students on any special events that will be held on campus that will affect the parking lots.
    • Parking on campus requires a student parking permit. Students may only park in student lots with a student permit. Students may park in staff parking during specific times and locations:
    • No one at any time may park in reserved Parking without a reserved parking permit.
    • Parking is enforced 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 7 a.m.-1 p.m. on Friday during the traditional school year. During the summer months, parking enforcement hours are from 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 7 a.m.-1 p.m. on Friday.

Health and Wellness

  • Student Health Services - All UNLV graduate and professional students are a part of mandatory Student Health Insurance Plans.
    • submitting a waiver. Waivers need to be submitted at the beginning of the semester. Check the website for the submission dates.
    • Crisis Emergency Services – listings for local hospitals, health services, counseling services, domestic violence and stalking situations, etc.
  • Student Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS): College can be difficult and can create additional stress in one’s life. It is often helpful to talk with someone who can help. CAPS staff are trained clinicians who can help you work through problems commonly experienced by students of all ages and background, whether you are a traditional or a nontraditional student. Individual, couple and group counseling are available. Counseling groups and services provided are confidential and free to students who have paid their Health Fees (included in tuition and fees).
  • Lactation Services - Lactation rooms, provided by the Jean Nidetch Women’s Center, are located throughout campus.
  • Dental Clinics - The Dental School has clinics on both the UNLV main campus and their Shadow Lane campus where they provide teeth cleanings, check-ups and other services for reduced pricing for UNLV students.

General Services

  • On and off campus housing options:
    • General information on campus housing.
    • The "Upper Class Complex" is designated for graduate & professional students and/or students who are at least 23 years of age. This floor is intended to be a study-intensive, upper-class environment for students who have multiple life commitments and varying schedules. You can find out more about floor plan options and costs.
    • Off-campus housing information.
  • Campus Dining
    • Hungry? There is a wide variety of places on campus to eat! To name a few: Starbucks, Subway (2 locations: Sidewalk Café and in the Student Union), Metro Pizza, Panda Express, Einstein Bagels (3 locations: SEB, SRWC and in RLL), The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, and the Commons. Load money onto your Rebel Card and use it at these sites. By using your Rebel Card, you don’t pay tax!
    • Download the app "Tapingo" and order ahead for campus dining locations of: Starbucks, Subway (Student Union), The Coffee Bean, Taco Bell and Tea Leaf.
    • For a cost savings, meal plans are offered through the Dining Commons.
  • Campus Convenience Stores - Need to grab some quick items, like aspirin or snacks? There are P.O.D.s (Provisions on Demand) located in the Dining Commons and in the Student Union.
  • The Office of International Students and Scholars assists international students with their transition into campus life. This office assists with employment applications and eligibility verification, visa and travel issues, immigration advising and documents.
  • Lost and Found - If you have lost an item on campus, please check with the Police Services’ Lost and Found Property Service.
  • Rebel Card - Did you know that you can load money onto your Rebel Card and use it for various services on campus? The Rebel Card office is located on the main floor of the Student Union. For your convenience, you can load money onto your card utilizing your debit card (a small fee may apply). Discounts are also given by local vendors when you show your RebelCard.
  • Childcare
    • UNLV Preschool - Childcare is available on campus; but has a waiting list.
    • Through the Graduate College find out if you are eligible for a UNLV Graduate Access Childcare Scholarship.