Medical Health Services
For life threatening emergencies call 911 or go directly to a hospital emergency room. The nearest emergency rooms to UNLV are:
- Desert Springs Hospital Medical Center (2.4 miles from UNLV)
2075 East Flamingo Road
Las Vegas, NV 89119
- Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center (2.9 miles from UNLV)
3186 South Maryland Parkway
Las Vegas, NV 89109
For urgent care (non-emergency) services when the Student Health Center is closed:
- Students may call UNLV Family Medicine at 702-992-6888 for telephone consultation.
- UNLV students with CHP (Cigna) student health insurance may also call the 24-hour nurse advice line, Ask Mayo Clinic, at 1-844-886-2896.
- Students, Faculty, Staff, and dependents may go to an urgent care or Emergency Room depending on the health concern. The nearest urgent care centers to UNLV are:
Concentra Health Services, Inc. (0.7 miles from UNLV)
- 5850 S. Polaris Road, Ste. 100
Las Vegas, NV 89118
Open 24 hours/day 7 days/week
Healthcare Partners Medical Group (3.2 Miles from UNLV)
- 4880 S. Wynn Road
Las Vegas, NV 89103
Open 24 hours/day 7 days/week
Advanced Urgent Care (8.8 miles from UNLV)
- 9975 S. Eastern Avenue, Suite 110, Las Vegas, NV 89183
Hours: Mon-Fri 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., Sat-Sun 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Individuals are responsible for the payment of services they receive from the community agencies and for knowing the coverage provided by their medical insurance plans. Student Wellness does not assume any liability for services students receive outside of the Student Recreation and Wellness Center.
Students can get same-day appointments for acute illnesses that are not life-threatening at the Student Health Center Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. and Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Appointments can be scheduled by walking in, using the online portal, or by calling 702-895-3370.
Mental Health Services
Call the Southern Nevada Adult Mental Health Services 702-486-6000 (Mon-Fri, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., no insurance necessary) or Montevista Hospital 702-364-1111 (24 hrs/day) or Desert Parkway Behavioral Health Hospital 877-663-7976 (24 hrs/day).
- Nevada Suicide Prevention Hotline (24 hours)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (24 hours)
- Crisis Text Line (24 hours)
Text CONNECT or HOME to 741741
- UNLV Care Line (confidential hotline for guidance about stalking, rape, and relationship violence; 24 hours)
- UNLV Student Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
Sexual Assault & Rape
- The evidence collected from a rape kit will be necessary if you decide to press charges later.
- If you have been sexually assaulted, PLEASE DO NOT: bathe, shower, douche, change clothes, smoke, or brush your teeth until you have spoke with a nurse
- You may still seek medical care if you have done any of these things. If you changed clothes, bring the clothes you were wearing in a paper bag or pillow case to the hospital with you
- Rape Crisis Center: 888-366-1640
Does your partner or family member make you feel afraid? Unsafe? You are not alone. We can help you create a safety plan.
Is someone making you feel afraid? Unsafe? If you are being stalked tell someone what happened and keep a record of the date and time of each incident.
Student of Concern Report
Faculty and staff can play an invaluable role in helping students who are in distress. Your expression of interest, concern, and compassion is an important factor toward a student seeking the assistance they need. The Student of Concern Report is a part of a comprehensive reporting system that is an important element in fostering a safe and supportive campus community. It allows faculty and staff at UNLV to share appropriate information about students for which you are concerned. The Student of Concern Report and related information can be found online.
Voluntary Health Withdrawal
UNLV students may apply for a Voluntary Health Withdrawal (a separation of the student from the university) if they experience medical or psychological conditions that significantly impair their ability to function successfully and safely in their role as a student.
Visit the Voluntary Health Withdrawal page for more information.
Voluntary Health Withdrawal Contact