A cancellation is defined as a team representative contacting Intramural Sports Professional Staff that they will be unable to make a scheduled game with at least 24 hours business notice.
A forfeit is defined as either;
- A team representative contacting Intramural Sports Professional Staff with less than 24 hours business notice that their team will not be able to make a scheduled game. This will be referred to as a “standard forfeit”.
- A team not showing up to a scheduled game with no prior communication made to Intramural Sports Professional Staff. A “no show forfeit” will result in a Sportsmanship Rating deduction with score of1.
All teams in an Intramural Sports League will be entitled to one cancellation per event. A cancellation will come with no penalty to the team although the team may end up playing one-two less games than other teams in the league depending on scheduling availability. All teams that forfeit will be subject to a $25 forfeit fee if they would like to be reinstated in the league. While this forfeit fee is optional, teams will not be scheduled again unless the forfeit fee is paid and any games that were already scheduled at the time of the forfeit for the team in question will be cancelled unless the forfeit fee is paid with 48 hours of the team’s next scheduled game. A combination of 2 cancellations and forfeits will result in automatic removal of the team from the specific Intramural League in question.
- Example of a cancellation - Team A is scheduled for a basketball game Thursday, 10/10 at 9 p.m. Team A captain contacts Intramural Professional Staff on Monday, 10/7 saying they will not be able to make the scheduled game.
- Example of a standard forfeit - Team B is scheduled for a football game Wednesday, 9/20 at 7 p.m. Team B captain contacts Intramural Professional Staff on the day of the game at 2 p.m. saying they will not have enough players to play. Team B will need to pay the $25 forfeit fee to remain in the league, but their Sportsmanship Rating will not be effected.
- Example of a no show forfeit - Team C is scheduled for an indoor soccer game on Tuesday, 11/4 at 8 p.m. Not enough Team C players are present at 8:10 to play the game, resulting in a no show forfeit. Team C will need to pay the $25 forfeit fee to remain in the league and receive a Sportsmanship Rating of 1.