The primary responsibility of the Graduate Assistant for Marketing is to work directly with the Assistant Director of Programming and Coordinator of Publicity & Graphic Design to enhance the overall marketing of Campus Recreational Services. This is a production/deadline oriented position with the need for developing highly creative concepts and progressive use of marketing trends effective for a unique college audience. This Graduate Assistant will be responsible for a variety of marketing initiatives including advertising, promotions, campus outreach, social media, video production (shooting & editing), and staff training. This person will need to be able to solve on-the-job issues by utilizing effective critical thinking and decision-making skills and possess the ability to work with diverse populations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, Physical Education, Recreation or related field required.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud software, familiarity using a variety of social media platforms, and video editing.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Minimum GPA requirements: Semester GPA: 3.0 | Cumulative GPA: 3.0
- Experience with social media, photography, and/or videography.
- Experience with event planning.
- Experience working within a campus recreational setting and direct management of student employees.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and manage the production and promotion of all programs, clubs, facilities and services for Campus Recreational Services.
- Oversee graphic design projects such as posters, schedules, digital ads, and apparel designs.
- Assist with the development of marketing videos and video advertisements.
- Serve as department marketing liaison to student stakeholders (i.e. - Registered StudentOrganizations, the student newspaper, Greek Life, etc.)
- Support and promote Campus Recreational Services by soliciting new members, new sponsorship opportunities and corporate partnerships.
- Contribute to the creation, promotion and execution of all CRS special events.
- Assist in managing the department’s social media accounts (@unlvrebelrec).
- Contribute to website reviews and updates.
- Provide photography and video support when needed.
- Work with Student Union Event Coordinators to ensure a positive and successful outcome of special events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Contribute to the execution of programming and membership marketing tactics, customer retention initiatives, and all special events.
- Ability to promote our vision through the creation and distribution of diverse marketing materials.
- Develop a working relationship with SUES professional staff and support special event staff assigned to work the events.
- Must act and represent CRS in a positive and professional manner.
- Maintain a professional standard of performance on daily tasks.
- Attend regularly scheduled departmental meetings for all areas necessary.
- Communicate clear and concise information as needed to patrons and guests.
- Adhere to all SRWC guidelines and non-negotiables.
Criteria for Success
Ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
Ability to receive feedback from colleagues to ensure well-rounded promotional materials.
Ability to work closely with fellow team members as well as Student Union Event Services staff members.
Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as attention to detail.
Ability to problem solve, manage multiple tasks and priorities and make an informed decision independently.
Reliability and flexibility related to work schedule.
Ability to display a positive attitude for all patrons and CRS staff.
Positively promotes UNLV and CRS to peers and patrons and takes initiative to be involved throughout campus.
Evaluation will be based on self, peer and supervisory evaluations.
• Project Management
• Critical and Creative Problem Solving
• Time Management
• Customer Service
• Collaboration with Internal and External Customers
• Sales Experience
• Professional Portfolio Enhancement Communication
• Skills (verbal, written, and visual)
TERM OF APPOINTMENT
July 2022 - May, 2023
Minimum Hours: 20 hours/week, including nights and weekends. There is the potential to work an additional 10 hours/week at $12/hour with supervisor approval.
$10,000 Stipend for Masters
$12,000 Stipend for Doctorate.
The Graduate Assistantship is a nine month appointment. Summer employment and second year contract assignments are based on performance. Compensation for 80% of credit hours up to nine credits per semester covered. Majority of Student Health Insurance premium is covered.
CAMPUS RECREATIONAL SERVICES INFORMATION
For more about the Campus Recreational Services visit us at rebelrec.unlv.edu.
Applicants must meet academic requirements for the Graduate College at UNLV (2.75 minimum GPA), with the GRE exam completed prior to interview. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. In order to be considered for this position, applicants must submit:
2. Cover Letter
3. A portfolio that showcases prior graphic designs and/or marketing materials.
E-mail application information and the names and phone numbers of three references to LaToya.Burdiss@unlv.edu and email@example.com.
Preference will be given to applications received by September 1, 2022. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and phone/video interviews will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Associate Director for Recreation Programs: