High volumes of rental reservations are submitted year-round. We request that you submit all rental reservations at least 24 hours before your rental. This will ensure that all requested gear is available and prepared for you to pick up.
You may schedule your pick up and drop off of equipment during our facility hours.
Outdoor Adventures will now be enforcing a 24 hour rental policy, effective immediately, which will now require you to schedule pick up and return times. This is to ensure that rentals do not overlap.
- Rental equipment is available to anyone 18 and over with valid ID.
- Equipment items are only reserved once payment is received. Payment must be in full. Payments are accepted in person or over the phone with credit card.
- Payment for rentals must be on a credit card. The name listed on your credit card must match the name on your reservation and your government issued ID, RebelCard, or SRWC member card. Your matching ID will be checked upon picking up your equipment. The person who reserved and paid for the equipment is the only person allowed to pick up the equipment.
- Reservations are charged for 24 hours from the pick-up time that is requested on your Equipment Reservation Form.
- Check and inspect your equipment after picking up your equipment. Bring up any concerns with the front desk attendant.
All rented items must be returned during your scheduled return time. Equipment may not be left outside if the facility is closed. Be sure to check our facility hours.
- Return of rental equipment items generally requires 15-30 minutes to check gear in with our employees. This is considered the initial inspection. There will be a secondary thorough inspection done by our Outdoor Adventures staff within three business days. Any damage or late return fees will be assessed during that time
- All gear must be clean (meaning not full of dirt) and dry. If you don’t return gear clean and dry, we will charge you an additional cleaning fee. For equipment that needs to be cleaned, you will be charged $10/hour until the item is clean. Mold and mildew can do a lot of damage and we don’t want to charge you for it.
- If picking up/dropping off equipment from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday-Saturday, please come to the Outdoor Adventure office for pick up
- If picking up/dropping off equipment outside of these hours, please walk to the front desk that is adjacent to the Outdoor Adventure office for service
Pick Up/Returns for Bikes
- When picking up or dropping off rental bikes, please ring the doorbell located at the entrance of the bike shop. If for some reason there is no answer, please come inside to Outdoor Adventures or the front desk for assistance. Bikes are not allowed in the lobby of the building, so please only use this as a last resort
- A bike shop mechanic will contact and schedule a pick up day & time when your repair if complete.
Pick Up/Returns for Canoes
- Canoes must be picked up and returned by appointment only, Monday-Saturday. Equipment is picked up inside of the Student Recreation and Wellness Center
There will be no 100% refunds on equipment reservations cancelled by the patron.
Refunds for rentals from $1-$399
- 7+ days from equipment pick up: 75% refund
- 5-6 days from equipment pick up: 50% refund
- 4 days from equipment pick up: 25% refund
- 1-3 days from equipment pick up: No refund
Refunds for rentals from $400+
- 15+ days from equipment pick up: 75% refund
- 8-14 days from equipment pick up: 50% refund
- 7 days from equipment pick up: No refund
- The Outdoor Adventures crew has done a lot of camping and backpacking and we know all about normal wear that comes with usage. However, we also know the kind of gear we carry lasts for years and years. With that in mind, rips, and tears, stains and missing parts, burn holes, and dents, etc. are things we will charge you for. For equipment that needs to be repaired, you will be charged $10/hour, plus the cost of any materials needed to repair the equipment
- If you cannot make it back to the facility to return the gear within 24 hours, you should call us (702-774-7130) to see about the possibility about adding an additional day to your rental to avoid late fees. Adding a day is cheaper than the late fee.
- We do not waive late fees, as they affect our other outgoing rentals. If the equipment is not returned by the appointment time scheduled, then the renter will be charged double the first day rate every day that the equipment is late. If customers with canoe returns miss their original return time, they must work with the Outdoor Adventures Staff to schedule a new drop off time
- Items that are more than one week overdue will be considered lost and you will be charged for the full replacement cost of the item
- Any unpaid late, damaged, or lost item fees of rental equipment will automatically be charged to the credit card on file
General Boat Rental Policies
- A single boat can be transported on the roof of a vehicle. Any vehicle that’s shorter than 12 foot long is too small to legally haul a canoe.
- Please allow at least one hour to pick up or drop off your rental.
- You are responsible for making sure that you are abiding by Nevada state law when hauling your boat.
Canoe Rental Policy
- Appointments must be made to pick up and drop off your canoe rental. Appointments must be made with our rental attendants during our office hours. Appointments can be made over the phone or through email at 702-774-7130 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If renting more than one canoe, they must be transported via trailer (we also rent trailers).
- Canoe seats only hold 250 pounds.
Kayak Rental Policy
- Appointments must be made to pick up your kayak rental during OA office hours, however a drop off of your boat rental may occur anytime the building is open, as long as it falls within your reservation time. Please do not wait until the last hour we are open to drop off your kayak. Appointments can be made over the phone or through email at 702-774-7130 or email@example.com.
- Kayaks can be transported in the bed of a truck, on your car’s roof rack, or if you do not have a roof rack, with our car toppers (available for rent). If you are renting multiple kayaks, we also rent out a trailer.
SRWC members and UNLV students (taking four or more credits) are eligible for discounts. You can view discounted prices on the individual equipment pages.
Become an Employee
We are always accepting applications for Outdoor Equipment Rental Attendants!