Become a Personal Trainer
In addition to the basic fundamentals discussed above, the Personal Trainer option includes information related to HIPAA, legalities in the health and fitness industry, and motivational theory. Trainees will learn practical skills that include fitness assessments based on the five components of fitness, exercise program design, and small group training. Trainees will receive and train a mock client for five personal training sessions.
Become a Group Fitness Instructor
In addition to the basic fundamentals discussed above, the Group Fitness Instructor option includes applied, practical understanding of the key concepts within group fitness. Trainees will learn practical skills to instruct various class types including: strength, mind/body, dance, and HIIT. Each trainee will have the option to choose their preferred class type. Trainees will be matched with a veteran instructor in the Group Fitness program in order to shadow and apply the academic and hands-on skills needed to instruct a class.
Reasons to Become a Personal Trainer or Group Fitness Instructor
- Educate people on how to live a healthier lifestyle.
- Make your own lifestyle into a career, or supplement your current income with something you enjoy.
- Educate and demonstrate to people what the body is capable of.
- Make a positive impact on people's’ lives.
Please note the following regarding the completion of the Fitness Training Course:
- It does not automatically result in employment.
- It does not result in obtaining a fitness certification. The course does provide trainees with fundamental knowledge necessary to begin studying for a National Certification Exam.
- No refunds.