Visiting Medical Students
UNLV School of Medicine will offer select electives for visiting students. Electives can be viewed here.
Who can apply?
- Be a 4th year medical student at an LCME or AOA accredited program
- Have completed a BLS training, which will remain current up to the medical student’s graduation date.
- Completed a criminal background check within 6 months prior to the rotation start date.
- Completed a 10-panel drug screen within 6 months of the start of the rotation.
- Complete and submit documentation to meet the immunization and health requirements as described online under Immunization and Health Requirements for Medical Students.
- Show proof of medical malpractice insurance in effect for the duration of the elective at UNLV School of Medicine
- USMLE Step 1 Score Report
- Completed Immunization Form
- Proof of Malpractice Insurance
- Criminal Background Check.
Incomplete applications will be ineligible. Completed applications will be reviewed by individual departments to review them for their specific visiting student requirements for that specialty.
Once an offer of an elective is made, students have one week to accept or decline the offer. Students are responsible for finding their own housing in the Las Vegas area. Students are limited to two electives.
- Students will pay a $50 processing fee once an offer of an elective is accepted.
- Earliest date applications accepted for 2019-2020 academic year: To Be Determined.
- Earliest date students accepted for an elective: To Be Determined.
Office of Student Affairs
Visiting Student Electives Coordinator