A search committee is only required for Administrative and Academic faculty positions.
Classified recruitments are recommended to have a panel. Although a formal search process can be used, it's not required.
The hiring manager, administrative assistant, or School of Medicine Human Resources Department will set up search committees in Workday to allow committee members to access the job requisition and candidate applications and materials.
The hiring manager/designee provides the names of committee members to the School of Medicine Human Resources Department by completing a Recruitment Request. The School typically inputs committee information into Workday on behalf of the hiring manager.
The search committee chair is usually appointed by the hiring manager and reviewed by the School of Medicine Human Resources Department and leadership.
- Should contribute to the assessment of candidates and decision-making for a particular vacancy announcement
- Should have knowledge of the job and experience
- Can be selected within the School of Medicine, UNLV, or external to UNLV
- Should have an expressed commitment to diversity, equity, and excellence
- Are expected to complete the search committee's unconscious bias training and attend meetings
Note: A minimum of three or more interviewers is recommended.