Academic Support Certifications
Grad Rebels have the opportunity to participate in free, year-long professional development programs in the areas of research, teaching, mentorship, and communication. Each certification helps students develop and hone skills through a series of workshops, cohort meetings, and the completion of a culminating experience.
Resources, Skills Support, and Non-Academic Advising
- Subscribe to the Council of Graduate Schools Productive Writer Listserv
- National Association of Graduate-Professional Students
- Campus Resources
- Writing Resources
- GPSA Resources
- Grad Rebels Top 5
- Service: UNLV Alternative Break Trips
- UNLV Center for Entrepreneurship
- Brainfuse Online Tutoring
- Nevada STEM Mentor Network
Graduate Career Support
Graduate Career Support is the one stop shop for finding information that will help you prepare for life during and after your graduate studies.
- UNLV Career Resources
- Academic and Non-Academic Job Market
- Application Materials
- Preparing for the Interview
- Search Fellowships, Graduate Assistantships, Jobs, Internships, Summer Programs, and Postdoc Positions
Professional Development Workshops and Training
These workshops are hosted by members of the UNLV community and topics cover a broad range of topics from academic and professional topics to personal skills.
Additional Resources for Workshops
- Instruction Development and Research
- Writing Center
- Prevention, Education, and Outreach: CARE Presentations
- Office of Sponsored Programs
- The Office of Research Integrity
- Safe Zone Training
Grad Rebel Programs
The virtual success center offers support and many professional development opportunities to help build Grad REBELS as we strive to recruit, engage, build, elevate, and link with our students.
We encourage you to visit this center frequently to learn about events and services that we offer graduate students such as academic support certifications, workshops, training sessions and career services. By doing so, you will be engaged, build professional development skills, and successfully elevate yourself to graduation and your chosen career. The Graduate College is very active on social media so please follow us to keep track of what's happening! You can also subscribe to the Graduate College Calendar.
If you have questions, concerns, or suggestions about your experience as a Grad Rebel, contact Graduate Student Services at [email protected]. You are also welcome to visit the Graduate College located in FDH 352 or call us at 702-895-3320.