The Rebel Grad Slam 3-Minute Thesis Competition is an opportunity for graduate students to showcase their research and scholarship in an engaging way. This is a fast paced research rumble to highlight the innovative and impactful work being done by UNLV graduate students. Come out to cheer on your friends, students and colleagues!
The Rebel Grad Slam challenges students to a 3-minute/1-slide presentation to showcase their research to the audience and judges in a condensed and compelling way. Participants will be evaluated on how well they explain and communicate the most significant parts of their scholarship/research. Winners of the Preliminary Rounds will progress to the Semi-Finals. Winners of the Semi-Finals round will compete in the Grad Slam Finals.
A panel of UNLV faculty, staff, and community members will judge each round of presentations using a standard scoring rubric. UNLV faculty, staff, and students, as well as family, friends, and the community are all invited and encouraged to attend the virtual Semi-Finals and Finals rounds.
This is a medallion-qualifying event for UNLV graduate & professional students. For additional information, please see the Graduate College Medallion Program website. The Rebel Grad Slam Finals Round & Reception also fulfills the major campus research event requirement for the Grad Rebel Advantage Program. Please see the event website for additional information.
Rebel Grad Slam Registration is due by Thursday, Oct. 14.
Each student only participates in one round.
- Monday, October 25, 2021: 12:00-1:00 p.m., via Webex
- Monday, October 25, 2021: 5:00-6:00 p.m., via Webex
- Tuesday, October 26, 2021: 12:00-1:00 p.m., via Webex
- Tuesday, October 26, 2021: 5:00-6:00 p.m., via Webex
- Wednesday, October 27, 2021: 12:00-1:00 p.m., via Webex
- Wednesday, October 27, 2021: 5:00-6:00 p.m., via Webex
Each student only participates in one round (if you advance to the semi-finals).
- Monday, November 1, 2021: 9 - 10:30 a.m.
- Monday, November 1, 2021:11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Monday, November 1, 2021: 1:30 - 3 p.m.
Finals Round & Reception
- Tuesday, November 2, 2021: 4:00-6:00 p.m.