All student organizations must meet the following requirements to register:
- A minimum of five UNLV-enrolled student members.
- A full-time, UNLV faculty or staff member as your advisor.
- A statement or mission of purpose.
- Agree to the terms and conditions of UNLV provided in the organization agreement in the registration
The required student officer/leadership positions in a Registered Student Organization (RSO) are a President (or equivalent title), Treasurer or Secretary (or equivalent title), and at least one Scheduling Liaison. Officers must be actively enrolled students at UNLV, in good standing with the university, and free of any sanctions defined within the Board of Regents Policy - Student Conduct Code administered by the Office for Student Conduct.
The Scheduling Liaison position is defined as the organization member(s) who are able to make on-campus space/marketing reservations on behalf of their organizations. The scheduling liaisons must be actively enrolled students at UNLV. These scheduling liaisons can be changed by contacting Student Involvement & Activities. Advisors may not serve as scheduling liaisons for their RSOs. Student Organizations are required to have at least one and no more than two Scheduling Liaisons.
After the organization has completed the registration process, they will have access to the resources and benefits of a registered student organization and the ability to seek further access to benefits from the following: GPSA or CSUN, Fraternity & Sorority Life, or the Sport Club Council.
Please note that faculty/staff advisors have requirements to complete in order for your organization to become active. Once your organization has completed the online registration, your advisor will be notified with information regarding their portion of the registration. Please inform advisors that this must be completed by the registration deadlines in order for the organization to be considered for active status.
Once all steps have been completed, a campus administrator will notify you that your organization is approved for the academic year.
While creating a new student organization can be an exciting time, it can also sometimes feel confusing and frustrating. It is important to be on top of UNLV requirements and educate yourself about UNLV policies, procedures, and expectations.
Complete the following to get your student organization registered:
- Step 1: Create an Online Profile
- Log into the Involvement Center using your ACE account. Click the Organizations button at the top of the page, then Register An Organization on the left. *Please note that this function is only available during the registration period.
- This step should be completed by the president or primary contact of your organization
- The policies and Student Conduct Code will be provided in the online registration form. It will provide valuable information every organization needs to know in order to be a viable organization at UNLV, which operates in line with the Student Code of Conduct.
- Step 2: Complete the Online Training Modules
- Within 1-2 business days of submitting your online application, your organization’s designated president and scheduling liaison will be enrolled in a Canvas course titled RSO Registration 2020-2021. If someone else from your organization wishes to complete the online section, they can self-enroll into the course.
- At least one student from your organization must complete the five online learning modules. Each module includes a short quiz. In order to get credit for completing each module you must score at least an 80% on each quiz.
- Note that this step must be completed by a student in your organization, not an advisor.
- Step 3: Attend the New RSO Meeting
- This meeting will cover additional information needed for new RSOs to operate for the year. It is also a great opportunity to network with other organizations, personally ask questions regarding your RSO, and meet the UNLV staff members who are here to support you.
- At least one member from your organization must attend one of the following required meetings for new RSOs:
- Thursday, August 12th, 3 - 4:30 p.m., SU 208C
- Friday, September 3rd, 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., SU 208C
- Wednesday, September 8th, 5 - 6:30 p.m., (VIRTUAL MEETING OPTION)
- Tuesday, September 14th, 2 - 3:30 p.m., SU 211
- Saturday, September 25th, 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., (VIRTUAL MEETING OPTION)
- Monday, September 27th, 4 - 5:30 p.m., SU 211
- Wednesday, October 13th, 1 - 2:30 p.m., SU 208
- Friday, October 22, 2 - 3:30 p.m. (VIRTUAL MEETING OPTION) - MAKE-UP DATE
- Check out the New Organization Registration infographic for more details.
- Step 4: Communicate with Your Advisor
*All existing student organizations are required to re-register at the beginning of every academic year.
- After completing your online registration, your full-time faculty or staff advisor will be notified within 1-2 business days with instructions on how to complete their portion of the registration. All advisors must complete the Advisor Agreement Form.
- Your advisor must complete these steps by the registration deadline in order to activate your organization. Make sure you communicate early and often with your advisor so they know what to expect.