Forms & Policies

Quick Search

Enter a keyword to locate a link on this page.



  • Academic Renewal

    Academic renewal is defined as one semester of UNLV course work disregarded in all calculations regarding academic standing, grade point average, and eligibility for graduation at UNLV. To be eligible for academic renewal, a minimum of three consecutive years must have elapsed since the last semester of attendance at UNLV. To initiate academic renewal, submit the online Academic Renewal Form.
  • Ad Hoc Request Form

    The Office of Enrollment Services Technology can provide one time reports (data) for analysis/assessment. Please fill out the Ad Hoc Report Request Form to initiate a report. Please contact the IT Help Desk if you require further assistance at 895-0777 or
  • Administrative Security Access Request

    The following form initiates the process for gaining new or updating your existing administrative access to MyUNLV. All administrative users must complete the mandatory FERPA training and NSHE security form. The Security Access Request Form should be completed, after which a MyUNLV Support staff member will contact you regarding this request.
  • Auditing a Class

    Auditing allows a student to continue attending a course, but no grade or credit is awarded. Once audited, a course cannot be changed back to credit unless it is before the end of the add/drop period for that term. Courses can be changed to audit in the Student Center as long as it is after the start of the term but before the final audit deadline. Detailed instructions for changing a class to audit can be found on the Guides and Tutorials page.


  • Birthdate

    See "Request to Change Personal Identification Data Form"


  • Change of Major

    Change of Major requests must be submitted by an Academic Advisor. If you would like to change your major, visit the Advising Center for your major. You may need to make an appointment, so we recommend contacting the Advising Center directly with questions.
  • Credit by Exam

    If you are not on probation, you may take an examination for credit in a course listed in the Undergraduate Catalog. Please download the Credit by Exam form and visit your advising center to learn more.
  • Credit Overload Petition Form

    To enroll in more than the maximum number credits for a semester, you must obtain authorization from your academic advisor and other required authorities (specific to each college). You must fill out a petition form and indicate the specific number of credits you wish to be enrolled in. Once you have secured the appropriate signatures, you will submit the approved form to the Office of the Registrar (SSC-C). Fall and Spring Petitions can be submitted electronically, however you must submit Summer Overloads in person with a photo ID. The form should also include the five-digit call number(s) for all courses you wish to add.
  • Curriculum Forms

    Curriculum Forms can be used to create, change, or delete a course, minor/concentration, or program. These forms are housed on the Faculty Senate Website.
  • Change of Personal Information Form

    Changes or updates to your Name, SSN, DOB, or Gender may be submitted via this form with appropriate documentation. Please follow the instructions on the Change of Personal Information Form.


  • Diploma Reorder Service

    Replacement diplomas may be ordered via our Online Diploma Service. Replacement diplomas cost $20 plus shipping. Orders will be printed and mailed within 1-2 business days. An e-diploma is also available for $10. This is a signed and certified PDF of your original paper diploma. There are no shipping charges for an e-diploma.
  • Directory Information

    In accordance with the UNLV policy and the U.S. Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), UNLV vigorously protects the privacy of student education records. UNLV does not release private records of individual students, such as grades and class schedules, without prior written consent of the student. If you would like to restrict release of your information or release information previously withheld please review the FERPA no Release guide on this page.


  • Enrollment Verification

    Proof of enrollment may be required by health insurance providers, auto insurance, educational loan deferment, etc. UNLV contracts with a third party to provide you enrollment proof in an easy-to-obtain format. Visit our Enrollment Verification page to learn more and log in to the system.
  • Event Request Form

    Faculty and Staff reserving general purpose classroom for departmental uses (IE: departmental meetings, seminars, or special class speaker events). The Office of the Registrar no longer schedules Student Organization events. All Student Organizations need to schedule events through the Student Union.


  • FERPA — Authorization to Release Confidential Information (FERPA Authorization Form)

    If you would like to give your parent, spouse, or other individual access to your academic record, you must submit the FERPA Third Party Release Authorization Form through your Student Center in MyUNLV. For more information, please visit the FERPA Third Party Release Form instructions.
  • Full Class Permission

    To enroll in a full class, you must obtain permission from the department listed (specific to each college). The department will assign permission in the system and you will log in to MyUNLV registration and enroll yourself.


  • Gender

    See "Request to Change Personal Identification Data Form".
  • Grade Change Appeal (Grade Grievance)

    After final grades have been filed with the Office of the Registrar, a grade in an undergraduate course may be changed only by the course instructor or by the Faculty Senate Academic Standards Committee. Therefore, grade appeals must be directed first to the instructor. If the request remains unresolved at this level, the student may file a Grade Grievance Form.
  • Grade Change Form

    The Grade Change Form is for instructors to change a student's grade or remove an incomplete grade. Instructors must be signed into their UNLV Gmail accounts to access the form. Completed forms will only be accepted via email from UNLV employee email addresses.
  • Grade Correction

    An instructor may correct a clerical error on his or her grade sheet by filing a Change of Grade Form with the Office of the Registrar. This form should be available at each academic department and must first be approved by the department chair and the dean of the college.
  • Graduation Initiation (Application)

    Once a student completes a minimum of 90 credits they may start the graduation process. This begins with a visit to the academic advisor to learn the graduation process for the particular major.
  • General Petition Form

    This form can be used to appeal the acceptance of transfer credits, College/Departmental requirements, General Education requirements and all general University requirements. The General Petition Form is to be submitted directly to the Faculty Senate Office in FDH-220.
  • Graduate Courses

    A grade in a graduate course may be changed only by the course instructor or by the Graduate College through an appeal. Appeal forms may be access via the Grad Rebel Gateway.


  • Immunizations

    Nevada Administrative Code (441A.755) requires that all students, who attend courses on campus, must provide documentation of having received the following immunizations unless excused by religious belief or medical condition via the Immunization Exemption Form.
  • International Transfer Credit Evaluation

    Advising staff may request consideration of international credit on behalf of a student by submitting the International Transfer Course Evaluation form.


  • Leave of Absence Form

    Students requesting a Leave of Absence should contact their Academic Advisor.


  • Name

    See "Request to Change Personal Identification Data Form".
  • Nondegree-Seeking Student Enrollment Form

    If you present evidence of high school graduation, you may enroll as a nondegree student, without official admission, for a maximum of eight credits per semester undergraduate/12 credits graduate. Although there is no limit to the total number of credits you may earn as a nondegree student, no more than 24 credits may be applied toward a bachelor's degree/15 for a graduate degree upon admission. 


  • Prerequisite Waiver

    Course Prerequisites are conditions that must be met before registering for a particular course. If you receive a prerequisite error when enrolling in a course and have satisfied it through another means or feel you should be exempt from the requirement, visit your academic advisor for a prerequisite waiver. This waiver is a permission entered in the MyUNLV system that will override the error and allow you to add the course.


  • Reinstatement After College Suspension

    If acceptable progress is not made in the program in which a student is enrolled, the college may place the student on college probation or college suspension. College and department rules govern these matters. A suspended student may petition appeal for reinstatement via the College Reinstatement Form.
  • Reinstatement After University Suspension

    If the UNLV grade point balance of a student already warned by probation falls below -15, the university will suspend the student for a minimum of one calendar year. A suspended student may petition for early reinstatement by filling out the Reinstatement Form and submitting it to Faculty Senate. Students who are returning after the one year suspension will only be reinstated after meeting with their academic advisor.
  • Request to Change Personal Identification Data Form

    Changes or updates to your Name, SSN, DOB, or Gender may be submitted via this form with appropriate documentation. Please follow the instructions on the Change of Personal Information Form.
  • Request to Withhold/Release Directory Information

    You have the right to request that UNLV does not release directory information about you. In the MyUNLV system, go to Personal Information – Other Personal – Privacy Settings.
  • For step by step instructions see the FERPA No Release guide.
  • Returning Undergraduate Students

    If you have previously attended UNLV, review the returning student policy to determine your status and learn how to return to the University.
  • Residency Application

     If you have been classified as a nonresident for tuition purposes but have taken the proper steps to give up your previous domicile and gain Nevada residency, you may apply for reclassification. The residency page contains further information as well as a link to the application.


  • Scheduling Access

    Access to MyUNLV class scheduling tool is made available throughout the year for departments to input their class schedules. See the Academic Scheduling Production Calendar for more information, training details, and other requirements for security access to the system. When access to MyUNLV closes, all communication regarding the academic schedule should be sent directly to
  • Social Security Number

    See "Request to Change Personal Identification Data Form".


Transcript Request Form

  • Unofficial transcripts may be obtained through MyUNLV. However, official transcripts are often required for application to other institutions or for obtaining a job. Complete the Online Transcript Request Form.


  • Withdrawal From Classes (Total)

    In order to withdraw from one or more classes you are registered for at UNLV, you must log into the Student Center in your MyUNLV account and navigate to the Enrollment: Drop page. You will be subject to any academic calendar deadlines at the time of your drop. You may use the Academic Calendar Deadlines and Registration guides for more information.
  • Withdrawal From University (Total)

    Students who wish to withdraw from the University must withdraw from ALL classes prior to the last day to drop or withdraw for any given semester. Students who fail to properly drop or withdraw from classes are subject to failing grades. If another institution is requesting that you formally withdraw for Financial Aid purposes, the student should also visit the Office of the Registrar (SSC-C) to complete the Withdraw from Undergraduate Admitted Status Form. Please note this form is not required for the Housing and Residential Life Application for Contract Release.