Who Should Apply as a Non-Degree Seeking Student

  • Students who do not meet the general admission requirements but still want to earn UNLV credits.
  • Students who missed the application deadline but still want to enroll in classes.
  • Students who are visiting and want to enroll in classes to transfer UNLV credits to their home institution.
  • Students who are seeking personal or professional fulfillment.
  • Students who want to take English language classes.
  • Students currently in high school participating in the Dual Enrollment Program and want to earn UNLV credits while still in high school.

Important Information about Non-Degree Status

  • Non-degree-seeking students are not eligible for federal financial aid or state aid.
  • Non-degree seeking students are limited to a maximum of 8 credits per semester except those enrolled in UNLV-affiliated study abroad programs, in which case the maximum is 18 credits per semester. Individual exceptions to this policy may be made on a case-by-case basis by petitioning the dean of the Academic Success Center.
  • Non-degree-seeking students may transfer up to 24 credits to a degree at UNLV.
  • UNLV does not request or evaluate transcripts for non-degree-seeking students. Non-degree-seeking students who enroll in classes with prerequisites must get special permission from the department offering the class.
  • Students who have previously attended UNLV must be in good academic standing with UNLV to enroll as a non-degree-seeking student.
  • Non-degree-seeking students may visit the Academic Success Center for academic advising.
  • All non-degree-seeking students will be automatically categorized as non-residents for tuition purposes. If you would like to be considered in-state for tuition purposes, you must apply for residency.

Dual Enrollment Program

Current high school students who participate in the Dual Enrollment Program and want to earn UNLV credits while still in high school are eligible for a one-time $30 application fee waiver. Please contact unlv.dual.enrollment@unlv.edu for assistance. The Dual Enrollment Office will verify high school enrollment and residency.