Nevada Residency Requirements
Residency decisions are made during the application process and will be posted on your admission acceptance letter.
Qualifying for Nevada Residency
Residency regulations have been established by the Board of Regents.
The following categories qualify for Nevada resident status:
- A member of the Armed Forces of the United States
- Full-time licensed personnel employed by a public school district in Nevada
- A teacher who is currently employed full time in Nevada
- A professional or classified employee of the University and Community College System of Nevada
- Company relocation (also applies to spouse and children)
- Family relocation to the state
- Millennium scholarship recipients
- A student who has lived in the state for a period of 12 months
Applying for Nevada Residency
To apply for residency, complete the Residency Application and include photocopies of supporting documents.
Mail or fax documentation to the Office of the Registrar by the application deadline listed in the Academic Calendar and Registration Guide. Residency review for fall applications begins June 1; spring review begins Nov. 1.