Current Resident FAQ

How do I change my name?

Contact the Kirk Kerkorian School of Medicine at UNLV Human Resources Department at 702-895-2532.

How do I change my direct deposit?

Go to NSHE Payroll Services.

How do I get a copy of my W-2?

Go to NSHE Payroll Services.

Where can I find a summary of my benefits?

Contact the Kirk Kerkorian School of Medicine at UNLV Human Resources Department at 702-895-2532.

How do I request sick or annual leave?

Go to the Human Resources website.

Where do I find information about the Bloodborne Pathogen Post Exposure form?

Program coordinators have the form available.

View the Bloodborne Pathogen Policy.

Where can I find a C-1 Notice of Injury form?

Fill out the C-1 Notice of Injury Form.

Resident Resources

Educational Resources

Professional Resources

Meal Funds Q&A

How are funds added to my account?

Funds are added manually by an administrative assistant in the GME office. Funds are available by noon the first business day of the rotation. Please plan accordingly if you normally eat in the café prior to this time.

What happens if I run out of money before the end of the rotation? Can I use funds for the next rotation?

It is your responsibility to ensure that funds last for the entire rotation. Please also take into account rotations that start on a weekend, as we have no way of adding funds over the weekend. Funds for the next rotation are available by noon on the first business day of the rotation.

I'm on a monthly rotation. What happens if the first day of the month lands on a weekend or holiday?

Funds will be added the Friday before the weekend or holiday at 4pm. For example, if the first day of March is on a Sunday, funds will be added the Friday before. The same goes for any holidays landing on a Monday.

I didn't use all my funds allotted to me this rotation. Will these be rolled over to use next rotation?

No. Funds are only available for the rotation they were allotted.

I am on a rotation that normally is allotted funds, but I haven't been given funds. Who should I contact?

If you have no funds on your account and believe this to be in error, please contact your chief resident. He or she will need to verify the amount to be allotted with the office of GME via email at If no one unavailable via phone, leave a message with your full name, your current rotation, and the name of your program.

Why does the amount allotted to me each month vary?

Money provided is based on rotation and based on expected hours in the hospital. Residents on electives typically receive fewer funds.

Can I use my resident meal funds to pay for Starbucks purchases?

No. You can set up a separate account that can be accessed through your badge. These funds are completely independent of your resident meal funds and are paid out of pocket. To set up an account, please see Tina Salazar, Assistant Director of Food Services, in the café.

The café says they can't access my account? What should I do?

You can ask the café worker to look you up by your name. If they are able to find you this way, it usually indicates that your badge has been incorrectly entered into the café system and you will need to visit the UMC badging office to obtain the correct badge number. Please email so the correct badge number can be entered into the system.

I can't remember how much money I have left for the rotation. Is there a way I can find out?

The café's cashiers should give you a balance receipt with each use of your resident meal funds. If they have stopped giving out receipts, please report this to the GME office.