Locations and Hours, Student Responsibilities
ASC Tutoring can be found at our two primary locations: LLB Tutoring Lab located on the second floor of Lied Library, and the Engineering Tutoring Lab located in TBE A207. However, a complete listing of all available ASC Tutoring locations through our campus partnerships, including times and subject availability, are listed in the announcements section of this website.
Students utilizing an ASC Tutoring Lab:
- Must be enrolled and actively attending the UNLV course supported by the tutoring lab
- Must have a current UNLV ID
Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction (SI) support UNLV students through guided assistance identifying and closing gaps in course content knowledge. To get the most out of the experience while utilizing an ASC Tutoring Lab, students should expect that:
- Tutoring Labs are centers for users to be actively engaged in course material
- There will be encouragement to discuss the content from class and to ask questions
- They will be grouped together to discuss and review content with peers
- Continued study outside of Tutoring and SI in study groups is encouraged
Students are also strongly encouraged to bring their textbook, notes, and prepared questions to the drop-in tutoring lab.