Dean's Award Scholarship
The Academic Success Center provides our Dean's Award Scholarship for students in our Exploring major. Applications are accepted in the spring semester and awarded in the fall. All freshmen and sophomore students in good academic standing (2.0 GPA min.) are encouraged to apply. The award amount varies and is contingent on funding.
Hixson-Lied Success Scholarship
Thousands of students across Nevada may never have the opportunity to earn a college degree primarily because of economic and academic challenges, and there are very few programs in place to help these students. The UNLV Hixson-Lied Success Scholars Program helps make a difference in the lives of these students by providing both financial and academic support through the Academic Success Center (ASC). The Hixson-Lied Success Scholars Program provides students:
- A scholarship in the amount of $1,250 per semester ($2,500 per year) for up to eight semesters.
- Academic Success Coaching sessions.
- The ability to make a difference through serving peers and giving back to UNLV.
- Access to the Hixson-Lied Success Scholars Newsletter, a monthly newsletter created by the scholars.
ASC Jump-Start Scholarship
The Academic Success Center provides the Jump-Start Scholarship for incoming first-year, full-time students who are in the Exploring Major or Major Pathways program. This one-year scholarship is awarded in the Fall and Spring semester, pending eligibility, in the amount of $1,250 per semester ($2,500/year). The 2021-2022 academic year application will close on Monday, September 6, 2021.
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be admitted to UNLV and maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA and take 12 or more credits per semester
- Be declared as an Exploring or Major Pathways student
- Be Pell-grant eligible
- Be a Nevada resident
- Enrolling in and completing COLA 100E during the first year’s Fall or Spring semester is strongly preferred
- Complete an application and include a two-page, double-spaced short essay on an identified topic
Recipients of this scholarship will be required to:
- Write a letter of thanks to UNLV Foundation
- Complete three Academic Success Coaching appointments during the first Fall semester