Dean's Award Scholarship
The Academic Success Center provides our Dean's Award Scholarship for students in our Exploring major Applications are accepted in the spring semester and awarded in the fall. All freshmen and sophomore students in good academic standing (2.0 GPA min.) are encouraged to apply. The award amount varies and is contingent on funding.
Hixson-Lied Success Scholarship
Thousands of students across Nevada may never have the opportunity to earn a college degree primarily because of economic and academic challenges, and there are very few programs in place to help these students. The UNLV Hixson-Lied Success Scholars Program helps make a difference in the lives of these students by providing both financial and academic support through the Academic Success Center (ASC). The Hixson-Lied Success Scholars Program provides students:
- A scholarship in the amount of $1,250 per semester ($2,500 per year) for up to eight semesters
- Enrollment in the Academic Success Center's Bridge programs
- Access to Academic Success coaching for weekly sessions
- The ability to make a difference through serving peers and giving back to UNLV
- Access to the Hixson-Lied Success Report, a monthly newsletter created by the scholars and for the scholars
ASC Jump-Start Scholarship
The Academic Success Center provides our Jump-Start Scholarship for Fall 2020 incoming first-year, full-time students in our Exploring major or Major Pathways program. This one-year scholarship is awarded in the Fall and Spring semester, pending eligibility, in the amount of $1,250 per semester ($2,500/year). Applications are now being accepted until May 31, 2020. To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be admitted to UNLV and maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA and take 12 or more credits per semester.
- Be declared as an Exploring or Major Pathways student
- Be pell-grant eligible
- Be a Nevada resident
- Enrolling in and completing COLA 100E in the Fall 2020 or Spring 2021 semester is strongly preferred.
- Complete an application and include a two-page, double-spaced short essay on a chosen topic.
Recipients of this scholarship will be required to:
- Write a letter of thanks to UNLV Foundation
- Complete three Academic Success Coaching appointments in the Fall 2020 semester.