Transfer Students


  1. Review the transfer admission policies. If you are a student transferring from an NSHE institution institution, review the NSHE Transfer webpage.
  2. Apply to UNLV.
  3. Submit your official test scores and transcripts to UNLV Office of Admissions. The ACT code is 2496 and the SAT code 4861. You can submit materials electronically by emailing Hard copies can be mailed to:
    UNLV Office of Admissions
    4505 S. Maryland Pkwy.
    Box 451021
    Las Vegas, NV 89154-1021
  4. Schedule an advising appointment after you have been accepted to UNLV and sent in your official transcripts from your other institutions. During your appointment, your advisor will review your degree requirements, assess your transfer credits, and give you course recommendations. Contact the College of Sciences Advising Center by calling 702-895-2077 to schedule an appointment.
  5. Learn how to use your MyUNLV account and then enroll in courses.
  6. Get involved at UNLV and make your college experience memorable.

More information about the transfer process can be found through the main advising webpage.

If you are also an international student, please review the additional documents that are required through the Undergraduate Admissions webpage .

Science Course Transfer Grade Policy

Transfer credit for major-specific courses within the College of Sciences (not gen eds) must have a grade of C or better to count toward your degree program. These courses must have been evaluated and approved as being equivalent by an academic advisor or through the Transferology system. Please email or meet with your advisor to determine whether the course is eligible to transfer and will satisfy any of your degree requirements.

Earned Credits for Transfer Courses

Students who have already earned credit for a course at UNLV (D- or higher grade) cannot transfer the equivalent of that course to UNLV from another institution, including NSHE institutions. Courses with grades of F, AD, or W do not count toward earned credit policy.

Transfer Course Equivalencies

You can view which courses at your previous institutions will transfer over to UNLV by creating an account at Transferology. As an alternative, you may also view the UNLV transfer equivalency tables.

If you feel that a course you have taken should transfer over as a specific UNLV course, please mention this information to an advisor at your first advising appointment. Please also bring a copy of your course syllabi for the transfer course you’re concerned about so your advisor can consider submitting a transfer course equivalency request.