NSHE Transfer

The following information is for students transferring from the College of Southern Nevada, Great Basin College, Truckee Meadows Community College, or Western Nevada College. Students transferring from University of Nevada, Reno or Nevada State College should follow the general transfer admissions requirements.

Admission to UNLV

Students who have completed an Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Business (AB), or Associate of Science (AS) from an NSHE two-year institution are guaranteed admission to UNLV and are given credit for meeting UNLV’s general education core lower-division curriculum requirements.

If you have earned an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) or Associate of General Studies (AGS) or if you have not completed an associate degree, you must meet the general transfer requirements.

When you request your official transcript from your NSHE institution, the “NSHE to NSHE transfer” method is recommended. Your transcript will be sent electronically from your institution to UNLV, making the process quicker for you!

Residency for tuition purposes: Only students who have graduated from high school in Nevada will automatically be considered “in-state” based on the application for admission; all other students who would qualify for in-state residency must submit a residency application. You may qualify for in-state status at UNLV if you have been in-state at another NSHE institution, but this status will not “follow you” automatically.

UNLV/CSN Transfer Office (not just for CSN students!)

These services are largely intended for use by students to prepare for transfer. If you are ready to transfer, early application is recommended.

Many services are available exclusively to NSHE students at the UNLV/CSN Transfer Offices, located on each of the three CSN main campuses (West Charleston, Cheyenne, and Henderson). The Transfer Offices are staffed by UNLV academic advisors and admissions representatives who work specifically with students planning to transfer to UNLV. The services available include:

  • Unofficial evaluation of NSHE credits by academic advisors
  • Completion of Articulation Worksheets and Transfer Agreements
  • Explanation of UNLV degree requirements and processes
  • Support for a smooth transition during the transfer process (academic and admissions-related)
  • Admissions workshops for prospective and admitted students
  • Collection of documents, including official transcripts

Please note that while these offices are open to all NSHE students, non-CSN students should be prepared to bring unofficial transcripts to their advising appointments.

Articulation Worksheets

Articulation Worksheets provide an outline of courses specific to a UNLV major that may be completed at an NSHE two-year institution. Used in combination with a Transfer Agreement (below), this guarantees the transferability of your coursework and allows you to maximize the total number of credits that will be applicable to your UNLV major while earning credit at an NSHE two-year institution.

Questions about Transferring?

Our Transition Advisors are happy to help!

Transfer Agreement

In combination with an Articulation Worksheet, the Transfer Agreement guarantees transferability as outlined on the agreement.

Rights and Responsibilities

Learn about the rights and responsibilities of an NSHE transfer student.