Master in Public Health Admissions
We are so excited about your interest in our Master in Public Health degree here at the UNLV School of Public Health. Regardless of whether you are interested in overseas fieldwork or heavy quantitative lab-based research experience, our outstanding faculty will help you further public health at the graduate level.
Our faculty in Public Health have advanced renowned research on topics such as:
- The development of a new polymerase chain reaction assay for the rapid detection of oral pathogenic bacterium.
- The impact of a congregation-based intervention to increase HIV testing and reduce mother to child transmission in resource-limited settings such as Nigeria.
- Cancer incidence among populations in the United States.
- Efficient non-inferiority testing procedures for simultaneously assessing sensitivity and specificity of two diagnostic tests.
Plan Admission Requirements
Applications available on the UNLV Graduate College website.
To be considered for admission to the MPH, an applicant must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or recognized equivalent from a regionally accredited institution and have adequate preparation in the biological, physical, or social sciences. A criterion for admission is at least a B (3.0) grade-point average or the equivalent in work completed after the first two years of a bachelor’s degree program and in all post-baccalaureate course work.
- Complete the school’s application process.
- Submit a resume and a personal essay describing what you perceive to be pressing public health issues, why a career in the field appeals to you, and how it will use your strengths and commitment.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- Submit competitive Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores (or equivalent e.g., MCAT, LSAT) on verbal, quantitative and analytical measures. GRE scores will be assessed relative to other applicants in the pool, as well as relative to other graduate programs at UNLV. The GRE is required for all applicants and must be current within 5 years.
- All domestic and international applicants must review and follow the Graduate College Admission and Registration Requirements.