Certificate in Infection Prevention
Our Certificate in Infection Prevention provides healthcare professionals with the formal training and knowledge they need to manage an effective infection prevention program to combat healthcare-associated infections such as CLABSI, SSI, and UAE. As a result of this training, nurses, health care administrators, laboratory technicians, and researchers will find a greater versatility and impact across health care venues including health care systems, health departments, hospitals, and clinics.
Certificate in Infection Prevention Highlights
- Our Certificate is the only Infection Prevention certificate in Nevada.
- Our Certificate may be completed fully online and is comprised of 4 courses: Principles of Infection Prevention; Healthcare Associated Infections: Surveillance, Data, and Reports; Infection Prevention in Healthcare Facilities; and the choice of either Infectious Disease Epidemiology or Transmission of Infectious Diseases. Transmission of Infectious Diseases is the only course not offered online.
- Our courses are designed by leaders in infectious disease with more than 25 years of cutting-edge industry experience.
- The Certificate is open to applicants with at least a Bachelor’s degree or recognized equivalent from a regionally accredited institution in a scientific discipline such as Nursing, Microbiology, or Public Health.
Certificate in Infection Prevention Overview
- Number of Courses: 4
- Program Duration: 3 semesters
Upon completion of this Certificate, students will be able to:
- describe the regulatory requirements guiding Infection Prevention (IP) programs,
- employ the principles and practices of sterilization and disinfection,
- explain how epidemiology and biostatistics support an infection prevention program,
- discuss the inter-relationship of hospital/healthcare facilities departments and IP,
- analyze scientific data and publications
With the Certificate, students will be able to pursue leadership positions in combating infectious diseases in hospitals, nonprofits, and government agencies in Nevada and across the world.