A variety of items ranging from computers to UNLV athletic apparel to children’s books will be available at the Fall Community Pop-Up Shop set for Nov. 23,
The radio station fundraiser will offer a selection of CDs and vinyl for sale, and you can groove to some music and meet the KUNV staff and on-air talent.
The Surplus Center will offer special mega-deals and fun events. There will be special discount promotions, with up to 50 percent off selected items. The store’s main categories are:
- Computer. Currently there are great deals on more than 200 computer items, including repurposed Dell Inspiron All-In-Ones and 27-inch Apple iMacs.
- Equipment and Supplies, including desks, files, bookcases, chairs, and credenzas
- Miscellaneous, including an assortment of brand-new surplus apparel from the UNLV athletics department, including athletic pants, shorts, UNLV T-Shirts, zipper athletic jackets, polo shirts, and jerseys. Also available will be an assortment of quality children’s books from the UNLV Teacher Development Resources Library.
The Surplus Center’s mission is to process university-owned excess property to eligible entities on campus, and also to sell to the public through the Surplus Center outlet and online store.
“Everybody loves a win/win situation,” said Andrea Mower, Surplus Center supervisor. “A wide variety of interesting goods come in and out every week...from computer equipment to furniture to electronics and recreational items. The prices are great and when goods are repurposed, it helps reduce landfills, which benefits the environment.”
For nearly 40 years, KUNV has been broadcasting from the UNLV campus. The station is listener- and donor-supported, 100 percent locally programmed public radio. Everything heard on KUNV is created by UNLV students working alongside professional staff. KUNV provides broadcast-industry-specific training combined with work opportunities that include news reporting, production, programming, on-air voice work, marketing, proposal writing, and event management. Students graduate with the professional job skills needed to excel in today’s competitive job market.
This premiere Pop-up Shop event marks the kickoff of the UNLV Surplus Center’s community market initiative, with a mission to promote local vendors and showcase the creativity of Las Vegas artisans. On Nov. 23, two great guests will be featured:
- Culture Hope Boutique curates handcrafted goods from around the globe. These artisanal items are made by survivors of trafficking, homelessness, and poverty. Your purchases sow seeds of hope into each artisan’s future.
- Candles by Sisters Under the Moonlight’s offerings include all-natural, long-lasting soy wax melts with inviting scents.