- Where and how do I start?
It is best for prospective students to start reviewing the information provided by the AAMC for individuals considering medical school. From there, it is recommended to make yourself familiar with all the requirements of the school(s) you want to apply to. This can be done by visiting their websites or utilizing the Medical School Admissions Requirements database (MSAR).
After that you should start talking to your undergraduate/school academic and pre-professional advising centers. Finally, it’s good to reach out to your selected medical schools and become a part of their prospective student database so they can invite you to workshops or other informational events.
- Does the Kirk Kerkorian School of Medicine at UNLV have Information Sessions?
Yes, we do! They can be found on our Events page. Prospective students should go over our website and attend an information session prior to preparing any application materials.
If you are a pre-med advisor, college representative, or K-12 representative, please also contact our Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is advising available from the Kirk Kerkorian School of Medicine at UNLV?
Prospective students should first speak with their academic advisor about the pre-med track at their school and then connect with any type of Pre-Professional Advising Center on their campus, which specifically helps students prepare to apply to graduate school in professional settings (such as medicine, law, business, pharmacy, etc.).
The Kirk Kerkorian School of Medicine at UNLV does select advising with prospective students who are close to application. For more information please email email@example.com.
- What are the premedical prerequisite courses required for consideration?
Three semesters of biology, one of which must have a laboratory component, one semester of biochemistry, and one semester of behavioral science, psychology or sociology.
- Is the Kirk Kerkorian School of Medicine at UNLV planning a BS-MD combined program?
No. Not at this time.
- Will the school accept coursework from the community college?
- What will it cost to attend the Kirk Kerkorian School of Medicine at UNLV?
Visit the Student Financial Services page for more information.
- I received my bachelor's degree from a university outside the U.S. Will the Kirk Kerkorian School of Medicine at UNLV accept this degree?
No. Your degree must be from a U.S. regionally accredited institution. You must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent residency. DACA students may also apply.
- What is the Early Decision Program?
Please visit our Applicants page for more information.
- How do I find out all the details to apply?
Please visit our Applicants webpage or find us listed in the AAMC MSAR database.