Hixson-Lied Success Scholars Program
Hixson-Lied Success Scholars are required to:
- Maintain full-time enrollment at UNLV (on campus) and fulfill all academic requirements, which includes a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher.
- Complete four hours of service per week as assigned by the ASC during the fall and spring semesters.
- Serve as a peer mentor to other UNLV undergraduate students and future scholars.
- Contribute to the monthly Hixson-Lied Success newsletter in some capacity.
- Complete other duties as assigned, which may range from tasks to reading assignments.
- Meet with an assigned Academic Success coach during the fall and spring semesters.
- Fulfill first-year seminar requirements.
- Attend the program's orientation, monthly meetings, training sessions, and events.
- Comply with the Hixson-Lied Success Scholars dress code.
- Represent the ASC and UNLV with professionalism and integrity.
Interested in Becoming a Hixson-Lied Success Scholar?
How a student qualifies for the Hixson-Lied Success Scholars program:
- Be admissible to UNLV or have a current 3.0 cumulative GPA at UNLV and be a full-time undergraduate (12 credits per semester).
- Be classified as a resident of Nevada according to UNLV's residency requirements.
- Display a financial need based upon Pell Grant standards.
- Demonstrate academic, personal, and/or financial challenges as documented in the application essay and by reference.
- Demonstrate the potential to succeed academically at UNLV.
- Submit all components of the Hixson-Lied Success Scholars program application process (detailed below).
- Meet certain requirements to continue scholarship eligibility after becoming a Hixson-Lied Success Scholar.
- Apply to UNLV.
- Complete the Hixson-Lied Success Scholars program application.
- Complete the FASFA application.
- Write a two-page, double-spaced essay demonstrating academic, personal, and/or financial challenges.
- Provide names and telephone numbers of two references, preferably teachers or school personnel (letters not required)
- Engage in an in-person interview (if invited by the selection committee).
- October 1, 2019 - Application Opens
- April 20, 2020 - Application Deadline
- May to June 2020 - Interview Period
- July 2020 - Selection Notification