Become a Featured Participant
Does your Registered Student Organization or UNLV department want to be featured in the Virtual Involvement Fair?
The deadline to register has been extended to Thursday, August 27.
Have questions about the Virtual Involvement Fair? Reach out to us at email@example.com or call the Student Involvement & Activities office at 702-895-5631.
Best Practices for Marketing Your Organization Virtually
We’ll use our platforms to let students on campus know just a little bit about your organization, but the responsibility of marketing effectively to prospective members is up to you. Here are some tips & tricks to help make the most of the Virtual Involvement Fair.
Update Your Social Media Pages
Through the virtual format, interested students will end up on your social media pages. Think about whether the content they find there will convince them to join.
- Make sure your pages explain your mission and purpose as an organization, who your members are, and how interested students can get involved.
- Is your content recent and relevant? If a potential new member visits your page and there are no recent posts they won’t know what membership looks like, particularly in these times of remote interaction. Post information about how you’re keeping members engaged, throwback photo albums of past events/initiatives, contests or challenges, etc. Most importantly, make sure your page doesn’t look neglected or out of date.
- Ramp up the activity on your page in the days ahead of the Virtual Involvement Fair to build excitement.
- Capture the audience that’s visiting your pages that day! Add stories about your organization, have a member go live and talk about their own personal experience, post conversation starters that encourage followers to comment engage, etc. Don’t forget to use our hashtag for the event, #UNLViFair.
Produce a Recruitment Video
No one will be better spokespeople and recruiters for your organization than your own leaders and members. Tell the story of your RSO in your own words. Here are some things to think about when creating your video:
- We recommend your video be 2-5 minutes in length to keep viewers engaged.
- Explain your mission and purpose as an organization. Talk about how you accomplish that mission. Be sure to include your values.
- Describe who your organization exists to serve. What does it mean to be a member of your RSO? How do you help students build community through membership?
- What does involvement in your organization include? Talk about your signature programs, events, initiatives, etc.
- Discuss how you plan to keep members engaged during the age of social distancing.
- Remember that the most impactful videos will be the ones that are earnest and heartfelt. They tell personal stories about how membership has helped students have a better experience at UNLV.
- Upload your video to YouTube. Provide us a link to that video in your registration application so we can add it to our YouTube playlist for the event. Use it as content for your social media pages.
Make Sure Your Involvement Center Page Is Up-To-Date
The Involvement Center is our online portal for all RSOs on campus. It’s where we direct students to when they want to find out what organizations exist at UNLV. Update the content, make sure your officer listing is correct, add links to your social media accounts, etc. so interested students know how to reach out.
Create a Digital Flyer to Promote Your Organization
You may not be able to table in person this semester, but you can still create a digital flyer to “pass out.” Digital flyers should be clear and concise about who you are as an organization and how to join. Have students in your RSO with graphic design skills? That’s great! If you don’t, we highly recommend you use a free online design tool, such as Canva, to create professional looking marketing materials. Never used Canva? Check out our Canva Tutorial designed for RSO leaders.