UNLV students embody resilience and perseverance. They have confronted multiple challenges throughout the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Many bear the heavy responsibilities as the first person in their family to attend college. Others struggle to afford housing, food, and other necessities, juggling two jobs to pay for tuition. Their academic success is a testament to their grit and persistence in weathering the tsunamis of life.
All-in-all they are on a journey of self-discovery.
To honor student accomplishments and resilience, UNLV is pleased to present Student Achievement Week, March 7 to March 11, and a three-day Career Fair, March 8 to March 10. Activities include:
- Academic Resource Fair for undergraduate students from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesday, March 9 in the Student Union Courtyard. Students can enjoy grab-and-go food and prizes for participation. Campus resources providers will be available to discuss the services they offer students. Students can connect with members of the Academic Success Center, University Libraries, The Intersection, Multicultural Programs for STEM, and the MSI Student Council. They can also learn about the Writing Center, Career Services, Counseling and Psychological Services, Financial Aid, and meet with representatives from college academic advising centers. Students can also inquire about admissions to the UNLV Graduate College, Kirk Kerkorian School of Medicine, Boyd School of Law, and UNLV School of Dental Medicine.
- Student stories will be featured during the week on UNLV social media platforms, providing tips on accessing academic advising, tutoring, counseling services and more.
- UNLV Career Fair features more than 140 major employers who will be on hand to meet in person with students, alumni and faculty. The career fair will have specialized events throughout the week, from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. in the Student Union Ballroom.
- Tuesday, March 8 - Law and Public Services (law firms, public safety, government, nonprofit, health, education)
- Wednesday, March 9 - All Industries and Professions (business, hospitality, Communication, STEM, and more)
- Thursday, March 10 - STEM Day
Employers will have booths to converse with students and alumni about their organizations and opportunities and learn from faculty about their programs and courses. They also will be hiring for internships and full-time positions for our graduates.
To view attending employers and RSVP, visit Career Services on the Handshake platform. This event is for students at all levels. Employers will provide career insights to first- and second-year students. Career Services can help students prepare for the fair by appointment or Career Studio Walk-In, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Tuesdays and Wednesdays in SSC 201A.