Information for New Graduate Students
These resources provide guidance and helpful information as you prepare for your graduate school experience.
- Residency – New graduate students are classified as out-of-state for tuition purposes until and unless Nevada residency is determined via the residency application process. If your residency status is not “Nevada,” you will be assessed out-of-state tuition. In order to be classified as a Nevada resident, you must download the residency application and submit it along with required supporting documents by the first day of classes for the semester for which you are applying for residency. Please select the link to receive further information on residency requirements and to download the residency application.
- Registration – Note that new graduate students must enroll in graduate classes in the semester for which they have been admitted; failure to do so may result in separation from your graduate program. 9 credits is full time for graduate students; GAs (graduate assistants) are considered full time at 6 graduate credits.
- Rebelmail – Your Rebelmail email is one the primary ways you will receive official university communication, and the only email address the UNLV Graduate College will use to communicate with admitted students. Activate your account as soon as possible so you do not miss out on any important information.
- Graduate Catalog
- Tuition Payments – The Cashiering & Student Accounts Office provides information on how much to pay, when to pay and how to pay, tuition payment plans, plus an easy-to-use calculator that will help you estimate tuition based on the number of credits you plan to carry.
- Office of International Students & Scholars (OISS) – New international graduate students must report to the OISS for check-in once they have arrived in the United States. Be sure to bring the following documents:
- Copy of your passport
- Copy of your F-1 Visa
- Copy of your UNLV I-20
- New Graduate Student Orientation – All new students should plan on attending Graduate Student Orientation. It is mandatory that international students also attend the International Student Orientation. For information regarding International Student Orientation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Campus Tours
- Parking Permits
- Disability Resources
- Campus Resources
- Get Connected: Student Technology Resources
- Professional Development Academy
Additional Resources for Degree-Seeking Graduate Students