Facilities services provides well-maintained and clean facilities that support the learning process at UNLV.
Facilities Services vs. the Department: Who Pays for What?
Facilities Management Responsibilities
- Renewal and replacement of state-supported facilities
- All maintenance and repair of state-supported property and installed, non-programmatic systems and equipment
- Routine grounds upkeep and planned custodial services
- Payment of all basic utilities: gas, water and electric
- All customer-requested renovations and space conversions due to a programmatic change
- Replacing carpet because of color change or before end of its useful life
- Painting rooms less than seven years before the last painting or in preparation for new occupants
- Maintenance and repair of non state-supported property, personal property, and programmatic systems and equipment
- Services provided as a convenience to the customer that are not related to maintenance and repair activities as defined under facilities management responsibilities