The UNLV Early Studies program provides highly motivated Nevada high school students an opportunity to get a head start on their college education by enrolling in UNLV courses before high school graduation. Early Studies students also have the opportunity to earn dual credit (university and high school) with the approval of their high school counselors. In addition, Early Studies students receive full access to Academic Success Center (ASC) resources, such as tutoring, advising, and academic success coaching. The Early Studies program attracts some of the best and brightest students in Clark County and creates a more streamlined bridge from high school to UNLV.
- Get a head start on your college career by earning university credit.
- Become a part of a diverse university, made up of approximately 28,000 students, offering more than 150 undergraduate, master, and doctoral degree programs.
- Gain familiarity with the campus community through opportunities to participate in numerous campus activities and events.
- Enroll in new, exciting, and challenging courses.
- Earn dual credit for high school and university courses, depending on course selection and approval from your high school counselor.
Early Studies students are eligible to enroll in most 100-level courses, some 200-level courses, and remedial courses during both semesters (fall/spring) and summer sessions. Students are eligible for daytime, evening, and online courses. To see which classes are available, search UNLV’s class schedule at MyUNLV. To enroll in UNLV English or math courses, students will need to complete the SAT or ACT and submit official transcripts to the Admissions Office.
Students can take up to eight credits per semester and can accumulate up to 24 credits throughout the program.
Interested high school students of all levels (freshman through senior) are eligible for the program. There is no high school GPA requirement, but we strongly recommend the program for students with a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Apply as a non-degree-seeking student (Early Studies program). There is a $30 application fee. You should apply at least two weeks before the start of the semester/session for which you wish to enroll.
- Complete the Early Studies Program Student Participation Form.
- Call and set up an appointment with an ASC advisor at 895-3177 before semester/session begins.
- Complete and turn the form in to the ASC when you meet with your advisor.
- Enroll in UNLV classes.