Strategic Objectives, Tasks, and Metrics
Build reciprocal relationships as we create and strengthen partnerships, collaborations, and pipeline programs with K-12.
- Build and sustain a diverse educator workforce.
- Collaborate with partners to develop students who are ready to succeed in college.
- Advance the conversation for educational practice and policy.
Metrics: field placement schools, student hours in school-related settings; professional development forum attendees; pipeline program participants and diversity of participants; community youth summer opportunities at UNLV
Leverage UNLV’s strength to develop collaborative networks and address community needs and challenges.
- Further creation of partnerships that address community needs, problems, and initiatives, especially homelessness and food insecurity.
- Develop practice research networks that grow to a national level.
- Help revitalize the neighborhood surrounding UNLV by providing services, economic development, and community-based research and creating a model for other communities to revitalize.
Metrics: number of projects addressing homelessness, poverty, and food insecurity; clients served through UNLV Food Pantry; collaborative networks; number of programs and services focusing on the neighborhood; amount of funding acquired for issues around homelessness, poverty, and food insecurity; community projects and partners
Provide cultural, educational, and service programs that are valued, advance learning, and benefit our communities.
- Enhance community engagement and collaboration through the effort and successes of UNLV's student-athletes and athletics programs.
- Further implement service-learning and other engaged pedagogies in order to apply and advance student learning while addressing community needs.
- Strengthen civic learning, engagement, and leadership.
- Build reciprocal community partnerships to better meet diverse UNLV student needs and fulfill our community needs.
- Host activities and events that are relevant and appreciated by the community.
- Support all families with special emphasis on first-generation and underserved populations across Southern Nevada by fostering a college-going culture and communication of the value of a college degree.
Metrics: cultural activities attendance; TMC/Allegiant/Cox attendance; educational outreach high-demand programs, enrollees, CEU types and enrollment; student-athlete GPA and service hours, service hours and service-learning courses
Targeted, intentional engagement efforts to identify, establish, and steward mutually beneficial partnerships with aligned stakeholders centered on distinct and strategic intersections.
- Expand commitment to the university and student success through deepened engagement with:
- elected/government officials
- nonprofits/community organizations
- the private sector
Metrics: number of nonprofit partners collaborating with UNLV faculty and staff on community engagement projects; government and private sector contacts; presentations at municipalities
Communicate UNLV’s strengths to promote the link between the university and the associated benefit to the community, region, state, Legislature, and other stakeholders.
- Create and foster a sense of place and pride as well as overarching brand awareness across campus and Southern Nevada.
- Ensure the campus is — and is viewed as — a capable, responsive, and reliable community partner and thought leader.
- Communicate the value of a research university within the region.
- Maintain designation as Community Engaged through Carnegie’s elective designation and investigate possibilities with the new Carnegie elective designation on leadership.
- Demonstrate our brand strength through consistent and appropriately placed signage.
Metrics: UNLV News Center pageviews, reach on social media, media value of publicity, media requests, promotional clips, Rebel Impact open rates, CCE status