Flooding on Campus
- Stay away from flooded areas. If walking to and from class, attempt to take an alternate route.
- Do not attempt to drive in flooded areas, and do not walk through flooded areas. The water may be contaminated, and it may sweep you away.
- Use caution if an electrical source is nearby.
When an Earthquake Occurs
- If you're inside, remain inside and move underneath a sturdy (preferably bolted down) fixture. Avoid areas with glass nearby.
- If you're outside, move away from buildings and utility wires.
Natural Gas Leaks
- Leave the area and stay upwind from the leak.
- Refrain from switching on lights or any other electrical equipment in the area.
- Do not smoke in the area.
- If indoors, open any windows in your office for ventilation before leaving the premises.
- If you are in a dimly-lit area, proceed cautiously to an area that has lighting. Provide assistance to others in your area that may be unfamiliar with the area.
- If you are trapped in an elevator, call University Police at 702-895-3669, and our police dispatchers will coordinate with Facilities Management to get you safely on the ground as soon as possible.
University Police Services encourages the campus community to follow the “Run, Hide, Fight” plan if an active assailant is on campus. For a video and full list of tips to increase your chances of staying safe in the vicinity of an active assailant, visit our active shooter safety tips above.
For on-campus emergencies, dial 911 from a campus landline or 702-895-3669 from your cellphone. For non-emergencies, dial 311 from a campus landline or 702-895-3668 from your cellphone. Please be aware that all 911 and 311 calls from your cellphone will initially go to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department before being forwarded to University Police Services.
RebelSAFE is the official mobile safety app of UNLV. Among the many features of the app to help keep the campus community safe, users can contact University Police Services Dispatch directly from the app. To download the free app, visit iTunes or the Google Play Store.