Presentations & Classes
Girls on Guard Self-Defense Classes
University Police Services offers self-defense classes in order to provide women with the basic skills to escape an attacker and how to avoid dangerous situations whenever possible. These classes are intended to help women feel safer and better prepared on campus. Police Services' Girls on Guard self-defense classes are open to all female students, faculty, and staff. Registration for Girls on Guard classes may only be done through links that are sent out via RAVE (Rebelmail), UNLV Today, on the UNLV Event Calendar, on our Facebook, , and Instagram pages, and on the Police Services events calendar on our website.
We offer presentations on any topics involving personal safety, campus policing, crime prevention, and emergency preparedness and can customize a presentation to suit your needs. Current presentations we offer include:
- Police services provided to the campus community.
- Crime prevention in the areas of auto theft, burglary, robbery, nighttime safety, sexual assault, identity theft, cyberstalking, pedestrian safety, and more.
- Orientation presentations for new students and their parents as well as faculty and staff.
- Campus emergency preparedness.
- Active shooter situations and personal safety on campus.
- Job recruitment for the University Police Services and police academy information
To request a presentation for your group or class please complete the Community Outreach request form.
Have questions? Contact Ariana Renick at 702-895-5792 or firstname.lastname@example.org.