Presentations & Classes
University Police Services offers RAD & Girls on Guard self-defense classes in order to provide women with the basic skills to escape an attacker and how to avoid dangerous situations whenever possible. These classes are intended to teach participants to take an active role in their own self-defense. Officers cover awareness, prevention, risk reduction, and avoidance surrounding the premise of a spontaneous attack. Police Services' self-defense classes are open to all female students, faculty, and staff. Registration may only be done through links that are sent out via student emails, campus messaging, on UPD's Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages, and on the Police Services events calendar on our website.
We encourage our students, faculty, and staff to take steps toward protecting their personal safety and property; and, want to be clear that, no matter the circumstances, victim-survivors are not responsible for crimes or violence committed against them.
If you become a victim of assault in any form, there are many resources you can turn to as you navigate the aftermath of your experience. First of all, know that it is not your fault, that you are not alone, and that you are entitled to feel safe and receive nonjudgmental help and support.
We offer presentations on any topics involving personal safety, campus policing, crime prevention, and emergency preparedness and can customize a presentation to suit your needs. Current presentations we offer include:
- Police services provided to the campus community.
- Crime prevention in the areas of auto theft, burglary, robbery, nighttime safety, sexual assault, identity theft, cyberstalking, pedestrian safety, and more.
- Orientation presentations for new students and their parents as well as faculty and staff.
- Campus emergency preparedness.
- Active shooter situations and personal safety on campus.
- Job recruitment for the University Police Services and police academy information
To request a presentation for your group or class please complete the Community Outreach request form.
Have questions? Contact Hailey Foster at 702-895-5739 or email@example.com.