Bachelor of Arts in English; Concentration in Creative Writing
The Bachelor of Arts in English follows a course of historical study in the English language and the literatures of Britain and the United States, as well as related English-language traditions and literary works in translation. Students are trained in composition and proceed with a solid grounding in critical theory to explore literature as an artistic medium and an intellectual discipline. They acquire skills in writing and textual analysis designed to complement other academic studies and to enhance later professional and personal goals.
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
- Students will demonstrate familiarity with major authors, works, genres, and movements in British and American literature.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to read, write, and think critically.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of English language and linguistics.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of theoretical and critical methods.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of multi-ethnic literature.
- Demonstrate the ability to write and rewrite fiction and poetry.
- Demonstrate the ability to debate and discuss and critique the work of classmates.