The Lee Business School is pleased to have the ability, based upon donor funding, to award annual scholarships to undergraduate, graduate and professional students pursuing a degree within the Lee Business School. Business students must complete the Scholarship application to be considered for all applicable departmental and LBS scholarships. Completing the application allows students to be considered for all departmental and LBS scholarships for which they qualify. The scholarships awarded may vary from year to year based upon continued funding. Scholarships do not automatically renew. All students must reapply annually for scholarship eligibility.
Scholarships are awarded based upon factors established by the private donor, the Lee Business School, and UNLV such as GPA within a discipline, leadership qualities, financial need, ethnicity, major, class rank, work hours, and gender. Additional scholarship opportunities can be found by visiting the main page for UNLV Financial Aid and Scholarships.
Scholarship Application & Instructions
Each student must complete the Lee Business School scholarship application by Feb. 13, 2017 to be eligible for priority first-round awarding. Applications will continue to be accepted after Feb. 13, but are not guaranteed to be considered for awarding if all funding is disbursed during the initial round of awarding. Applications will remain on record until the end of the spring 2017 semester.
To apply you must:
- Complete the scholarship application.
- Complete a FAFSA form for the upcoming school year to be eligible and considered for needs-based scholarships. FAFSA data is provided to the Lee Business School by the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. The university priority deadline for the FAFSA was Nov. 1, 2016, but FAFSAs must still be submitted.
The Lee Business School Teaching Committee will review applications and submit recommendations to the Lee Business School Scholarship committee, which will then determine specific scholarship award nominations. This process begins in March and first-round awarding is determined in early May. Scholarship nominees will be notified via their university email by May 30. Scholarship recipients receive an award letter and packet indicating the following:
- Scholarship name and award amount.
- Requirements to maintain the scholarship for the current academic year.
- Scholarship criterion that students must verify they meet to be eligible for scholarship disbursement in August.
- A scholarship acceptance form that recipients must sign and return by the date indicated in the award letter to formally accept or decline their award.
- Scholarship questionnaire that must be returned with the scholarship acceptance form.
- Directions for a thank-you card to be sent to the donor of the scholarship, which must be submitted with the acceptance form and the questionnaire.
Students designated as Lee Scholars will receive a one-time, $1,000 award and will be acknowledged as a Lee Scholar at a recognition reception. In addition, undergraduates will receive $6,000 annually and master’s students will receive $15,000 annually. Undergraduate and graduate students meeting the criteria may have their award renewed for a maximum of two years.
The Lee Scholars will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Students must be pursuing a degree in the Lee Business School and have a class standing of junior, senior or graduate. Preference will be given to seniors;
- Students must be full time (undergraduate: 12 units per semester; graduate: 6 units per semester);
- Students must have completed the Lee Business School Scholarship Application;
- Students must have an entering and continuing 3.2 GPA or higher, and;
- Students must submit an essay (500 words or less) detailing their demonstrated leadership abilities. Essays will be evaluated by the Lee Business School Scholarship Committee. The deadline is Friday, Feb. 24, 2017. Please submit essays in PDF format to [email protected]