The PPAC encourages students to be prepared for their appointment with specific questions, concerns, and needed guidance relative to their professional school application. If you are a freshman or sophomore, we encourage you to attend an “Introduction to Professional School” or “Intro to Pre-Law” workshop before you make an appointment with the PPAC. Workshops are offered year-round; dates, times, and RSVP information can be found above under “Events”.
**As of fall 2018, if you are a new incoming freshman to UNLV, you are required to attend an “Introduction to Pre-Health” workshop before you make an appointment with the PPAC. Workshops are offered during the academic year; dates, times, and RSVP information can be found above under “Events”. After attending a workshop, please call our office to make an appointment.
**Current first and second year students, if you have not had an appointment with the PPAC, it is highly encouraged you also attend the "Intro to Pre-Health" workshop before you make an appointment.
We suggest you bring the following to your appointment with the PPAC:
- List of experiences (clinical experience, shadowing, community service, etc.) to date, including average hours
- Professional school cumulative and science GPA. This can be vastly different from your MyUNLV GPA and you need to know where you stand for professional school. We suggest you google “AAMC GPA Calculator” and download the excel spreadsheet titled “AMCAS GPA calculator”. Complete this and bring to your appointment. Please see “How do I complete the GPA calculator” under FAQ’s below for more information
- General list of programs you want to apply to and requirements for each
- For seniors getting ready to apply:
- List of letter writers for letters of recommendation
- Personal statement draft should be emailed AT LEAST one week ahead of appointment for feedback/review
- A strong sense of your motivation for your desired professional school, as well as a positive attitude and professional demeanor!
If you are a post-baccalaureate student, you will need to apply and be admitted to UNLV before you schedule a 1:1 appointment with an advisor. We do offer prospective students quick phone calls with the Director on Tuesday afternoons. Please call the office at 702-895-2959 to schedule. Once you have an appointment scheduled, please have the aforementioned documentation ready for your appointment.
Remember, if you are more than 5 minutes late to your appointment, it will be canceled. Due to high volume of student appointments, we can not accommodate late arrivals. Please research or call ahead of time if you need information on our location or parking. If your appointment is canceled, call our main line at 702-895-2959 to reschedule.