UNLV Rebels R.I.S.E. Scholar Program
Rebels R.I.S.E Scholar program provides annual cohorts of UNLV undergraduate sophomore students with opportunities to encourage meaningful learning experiences for students during their sophomore year. The Rebels R.I.S.E. program encourages UNLV students to rise-up to reflect personally, increase their involvement on campus, seek scholarly activities and increase their engagement within the community.
The program will select 60 students to participate in the inaugural cohort for the academic year 2019-20. Each participant will be expected to participate in a number of activities throughout the year, and they will each receive a bookstore voucher and an Amazon Kindle to help pay for the time that they spend in the program and reward their full participation.
- Special workshops, events, and activities geared toward the critical sophomore year
- $50 Bookstore voucher for program participants that complete four Fall 2019 activities
- An Amazon Kindle for program participants hat complete four Spring 2020 activities
- Rebels R.I.S.E. t-shirt
- Special mention at the Spring Sophomore Recognition Event in Spring 2020
- Gain valuable skills
This program is open to current UNLV undergraduate students who:
- Are enrolled full-time (minimum 12 credits per semester) during their Rebels R.I.S.E. Scholar program year
- Are in good standing with the University
- Have completed 30- 59 credit hours at the time that they apply to the program
Acceptance in the Rebels R.I.S.E. Scholar program may be competitive. Complete applications must be submitted by July 26, 2019. Decision letters will be sent to your RebelMail by August 2, 2019.
Application form: Rebels R.I.S.E. application form
Students must complete and document attendance/participation in one in each area of Reflection, Involvement, Scholarship, and Engagement of the Sophomore Checklist. Full details and progress forms will be sent to selected program scholars.