Department of Mathematics Proficiency Exam
The Department of Mathematical Sciences offers a placement test for lower-level courses. View test policies to find out:
- What courses it is designed to place you into
- Who is eligible to take the test (and who is not)
- The structure of the test
- How to sign up for taking the test
- Taking the test — what you need to know for that day
- How you get your results
The Mathematical Sciences Departmental Placement Exam is free of charge. You will need to visit the department during business hours (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.) to register and secure a date and time for the exam (CDC Building 8 or call 702-895-3567).
No placement exams are given during study week or finals week.