The Student Veteran & Military Family Services initiative was created in June 2009 to help UNLV's student veterans and active duty military members successfully navigate the academic and administrative pathways of a college education. One of the primary outcomes of this initiative is the partnering of several units on campus to provide simple, predictable administrative processes for student veterans and military family members. The members of this team are committed to outstanding support for this student population.
The Military and Veteran Services Center is staffed with veterans and VA Education Benefits-experienced staff to assist more than 1,000 veterans, dependents, active duty service members, National Guard members, and reservists. Our mission is to develop a welcoming, veteran-friendly campus environment that fosters academic and personal success. Our programs include:
- Nevada residency granted to all “honorably” discharged veterans within two years of separation.
- Priority registration for all veterans to improve the timeline for payment of their housing allowance.
- UNLV is ranked as a Top 15% “Veteran-Friendly” University (GIJOBS.COM 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014).
- UNLV is a VET SUCCESS program with a VA Benefits Counselor on campus.
- UNLV is a Yellow Ribbon program participant.
- UNLV sponsors a nationally recognized Student Veterans Organization.
- A new VA Regional Hospital with state-of-the-art medical services in Las Vegas.
- UNLV co-sponsors an annual Veteran Career Fair with local employers ready to hire you!
One Stop Shop
The Military and Veteran Services Center, located in the Student Services Complex A, Room 311, was created to provide you with all the support you'll need in one place. There, you'll find friendly faces, information, and transition support specifically tailored to your unique needs.
As you begin to integrate into the UNLV community, be sure to get involved with the Student Veterans Organization on campus. In this group, you will find mentors and friends — all of whom have experienced military service.
We hope you find a connection to UNLV's people and programs. If you find yourself to be missing that vital link, please contact us. We are here to help.