Laboratory Biosafety and Chemical Hygiene
The goal of laboratory safety at UNLV is to work in partnerships with faculty and staff to assure safe laboratories. Laboratory safety should be incorporated into daily activities in all laboratories at UNLV. To this end, the biosafety/chemical hygiene officer:
- Provides training related to laboratory safety
- Develops written policies, procedures, and guidelines to assist faculty with providing a safe work environment
- Provides monitoring of especially hazardous materials
- Promotes safety awareness
- Ensures that the laboratory safety program complements science.
Please contact Risk Management & Safety for a copy of the University's Institutional Biosafety Program or Chemical Hygiene Program.