- Ensure all purchases meet UNLV and NSHE policies and procedures.
- Provide purchasing-related information to the campus community and suppliers.
- Negotiate agreements for goods, services, and equipment.
- Issue, evaluate, and award formal solicitations such as bids and requests for proposals.
- Review purchase requisitions and ensure proper documentation is included.
- Issue purchase orders.
- Review requests for modifications to purchase orders and process as warranted.
- Issue PCards and monitor the PCard program to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain supplier lists and supplier registration database.
The primary function of the Purchasing Department is to assist our university with the identification, selection, and acquisition of required materials and services. Purchasing strives to accomplish this as economically as possible, within acceptable standards of quality and service, while utilizing professional ethics and best business practices throughout the process. To this end purchasing will do the following:
- Maximize customer satisfaction by following Business Affairs Service Standards: collaborate, acknowledge, respect, and empower.
- Ensure effective and cooperative relationships with our customers.
- Provide campus education relating to the procurement process.
- Promote a positive work environment.
- Maintain and create sound business practices.