The Office of the Vice Provost for Academic Programs (VPAP) and its units and initiatives support the core education mission of UNLV.
The VPAP office supports student achievement through numerous initiatives, including:
- Program improvement through oversight of program and curricula review.
- Assisting academic units to modify existing programs, and to implement new degree programs.
- Academic course and degree assessment.
- Oversight of the university’s regional accreditation, as well as of discipline specific accreditation processes.
- Enhancing accessibility of educational materials.
- Ensuring that the university observes federal, state, and NSHE regulations related to educational compliance.
The VPAP office is a member of the Provost’s leadership team, and provides strategic input, advice, and support to the Provost.